1900 ish calories? god help me! so full.. all the time.

Options
I'm 17 and around 5ft,6in
I'm around 115lbs.
and I need to at 5 lbs more then when I get my period back on its own.
lowest weight was 110lbs.
I don't know what hunger is anymore D:
up to 1900+ calories, weight gain diet :(
I have a recovering anorexic mind, and an intense fear of fat. Seriously I don't go over 15 grams... ever. (most of the time its 9-10g)
I'm normally much more rigid , with weighing my food on a digital scale but I was at my aunts(as I explain later)
So heres my day. I walked around 40 minutes this morning then spent 3 hours at a big mall!
I felt dizzy and kinda sick near the end which is where the fro-yo and protein bar came into play. I thought the sugar and energy would make me feel better, it did sorta. I regret it now though... :(
Breakfast:
1)Apple - 150 G

2) Cereal mix up:
- 1.25 cups puffed wheat
- .5 cup Fiber one original
- .5 cup apple cinnamon cheerios
- .33 cup silk unsweetened almond vanilla
-.75 skim milk (90 calories per cup not 80)
- 2 cut up prunes (like trader joes)
- 80g of wild (mini) blueberries

3) 3 egg whites with black pepper and some unsweetened vegetarian ketchup

4) Trop50 Tea and peach juice

Lunch:
Subway: kids size veggie no mayo/dressing
2 packets of apples, and a diet coke

Snacks: (ranging from before and after lunch)
1) half a protein oatmeal cranberry bar
2) mixed fruit: around .66 of a cup(all together on top of Fat free taro frozen yogurt around 4 oz) (Kiwi, rasp/black/blue/strawberries, mango.. :D)
3)Gum (I love gum, don't worry it's sugarless)
4) Popped chips/special K chips with one corn thin cake (kinda like a rice cake but half the size) plus three mini twist fat free pretzels.

Dinner:
1)Diet root beer
2) 2 pieces of light arnold wheat bread with fiber: 45 cals per slice with fat free cream cheese(2 tsp) and one tablespoon or so of smuckers sugar free strawberry preserves.
3) Fage total (fat free) 6 oz
4) .5 cup wymans frozen maine blueberries with .5 cup plain bran cereal and .5 puffed wheat cereal
5.) 3-5 oz of carrot chips(they were regular carrots raw, but cut into chip looking shapes :D)
6) red bell pepper: around a cup of slices
7) Apple

ITS SO MUCH FOOD! HELP ME BECOME NORMAL AND UNBLOATED! I really need to cut back from the diet soda, all that fizz doesn't help :P:cry:
Now normally all my food is weighed out. Like either is grams or oz etc.
Today I was put out of my comfort zone and went to a mall with my aunt and grandmother, whom I pushed in her wheelchair for a third of the time but she was to heavy for me (I LOVE YOU GRAM)
we were suppose to swim and the weather turned out fine but we were misleaded and it was too late. ::((
Now I'm vegetarian around 50% of the time.
. . . I know thats odd.

But I'm in recovery and am close to relapse I'm just trying to figure out whats normal but am just sick and tired of being bloated all the damn time! you try having an eating disorder and wanting a flat tummy but its got a damn food baby in it because you've gotta weigh 125lbs cause ur obgyn told u to cause ur period stopped!....

sorry Tmi.

anyway help a girl out?

Replies

• teee12
    teee12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me :) i would prob say cut out the soft drinks as soda makes you bloated, maybe instead of having subway have a wholemeal sanwich or something, as the bread there isn't so good for you. i find if i have to much bread, i get bloated. drinks plenty of water, 2-3 litres a day. you def notice the different :) oh, and cut out as much sodium as you can, as sodium can make you bloated as well. goodluck :)
  • EmilyPamEastman
    Options
    Sounds good to me :) i would prob say cut out the soft drinks as soda makes you bloated, maybe instead of having subway have a wholemeal sanwich or something, as the bread there isn't so good for you. i find if i have to much bread, i get bloated. drinks plenty of water, 2-3 litres a day. you def notice the different :) oh, and cut out as much sodium as you can, as sodium can make you bloated as well. goodluck :)
    oki! thank you...

That doesn't look likea shiz load of food though does it?
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am eating around 1800 a day and you are eating way healthier than I am.. Lol. I am vegetarian and find without eating eggs every meal I dont get enough protein. Sometimes think I eat soooo much as well but I rarely and bloated. I drink heaps of water and try to cut down my diet drinks to once a week. Also watch your salt and sugar levels as excess in both causes bloating for me. Good luck in the future.
  • skintimate32
    Options
    It could also be a food allergy like lactose or gluten intolerance. Those cause major bloating.
  • jchizick
    jchizick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are doing well! One thing I noticed is you said you walk 40 min and then go to the mall for 3 hours...since you are trying to gain weight stop doing so much exercise or eat more. Every hour of walking you are burning roughly 100 calories which means you need to eat that much more to reach your daily calorie goal of 1900.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Easier said than done I know, but you should try to face the fear of fat - this will really help with you getting more calories with less volume. Your food choices are actually pretty good and it does not look like a lot of food to me, but then again, I eat 2000 a day. I would suggest trying to face it by going from fat free to low fat to full fat (sort of sneaking it in). My usual go to when I need calories is peanut butter - is this something you think you could try? Or maybe just nuts as they less obviously fatty? The more fat you eat, the less bloat you will probably get for the same amount of calories.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to gain, why is everything you eat fat free and sugar free? I think you need to cut out soda, and maybe some of the fat free stuff. Eat a little bit of healthy fat, like nuts and peanut butter.

Good luck!!

I'm sorry!! I missed the fat fear part. Try eating some nuts
  • tokens101
    tokens101 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You're not going to gain weight on 1900, and if you do it's because you're not eating enough to bring your metabolism up. From someone with an eating disorder to another, I can tell you a fear of fat is ridiculous. I used to only eat peanut butter and lost half a stone on that, and I was having 50-60g of fat a day. If you want to get your period back again you're going to have to bring the fat grams up. I'm talking healthy fats that you can get from olive oils, avocados, peanut butter etc that are completely different to the fats you find in processed junk food.

In order to gain weight and speed up your metabolism so you don't gain weight on 1900 calories a day, you should eat 3000 calories MINIMUM, and that's only if you're sedentary. If you're at all active you're going to have to add calories to that to make up for your expenditure. 120lbs isn't a high weight at all, if anything it's the lowest you should go. 1900 for a seventeen year old girl isn't even as much as you should eat to maintain, let alone gain weight. Trust me, if you manage to gain on 1900 because you don' want to eat 3000, your metabolism will remain suppressed and you may end up gaining weight when you don't want to because your body has adjusted to a lower caloric intake.

If you do eat the 3000 you may struggle with the feeling full, but there are plenty of ways to bring up the calories i.e protein shakes, energy bars, bounce balls (give them a google, they're amazing!), nuts (HEALTHY FATS). Avoid the soda if you are simply wanting something to drink - go for something with calories as it will help make up your total.

I strongly advise you to take a look at the forums on calorie count, as there are a lot of people on there that know what you're going through (especially the health and support forum and the weight gain forum) whereas people of MyFitnessPal are mostly here for weight loss/maintenance, and therefore may not be able to give you the same kind of response (no hostility from here people, I love the community!).

If you need anything else, or want any information feel free to add me as a friend xxx