How will my "celebration" day effect my body?

Options
I am a 6ft 2 inch tall 19 year old male and I officially hit my weight goal of 145lbs (starting at 230lbs 7 months ago) after tracking my calorie intake like a hawk. I decreased my calorie intake to around 1200-1500/day. Now most fitness people I've consulted with say I should be eating around my BMR which is 2500 (seeing that I run on the elliptical machine on the second highest resistance EVERY night for ten mins along with an intense 8 minute arm and 8 minute abdominal workout and most days riding my bike for about an hour.

Here's where my question starts. Today I let go giving myself what I felt was a needed celebration/extreme splurge. So I went to Hershey Park...needless to say I ate about 7,000 to 8,000 calories of pure happiness. My question is how will my body react? Again I always eat wayyyyy under my calorie goal (almost 1,000 under a day 98% of the time) will my body burn it quickly or store it? I am continuing my normal diet/excercises tomorrow (maybe working out a bit more) had a good time reguardless but I now know for sure ill never be able to eat like my old fat self again...still stuffed and bloated. Feels so bad lol

[My screen name was RazorTazor. I deleted my account seeing that I lost the weight I wanted to and knew it was my time to step into the big bad world by myself. I will no longer be tracking my meals on here or excercise. Will only be back to ask stuff/ respond to stuff on the forums becuase you all are awesome! Keep fighting towards your goals guys I'm rooting for ya! ]

-RazorTazor

Replies

• jchizick
    jchizick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Once a week you can have a treat but don't go all out like that every time lol. You wont notice much...maybe you felt full and high on sugar but that's all. Start working other parts of your body not just arms and abs, build some muscle. You can eat 2500-2850 calories a day for maintenance, remember the more calories you burn the more you need to eat.
  • RazorTazorsback
    Options
    Once a week you can have a treat but don't go all out like that every time lol. You wont notice much...maybe you felt full and high on sugar but that's all. Start working other parts of your body not just arms and abs, build some muscle. You can eat 2500-2850 calories a day for maintenance, remember the more calories you burn the more you need to eat.

Thanks for your input but the question was "how much will my weight fluctuate" I already know that stuff you said. Thanks anyway :)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    3500 calories is still a pound. If you OVERate by 7000, maybe you'll gain 2 lbs., maybe not. It's one day. I doubt you did anything at all except maybe pack on some water weight that'll come right off as soon as you go back to the status quo.
  • RazorTazorsback
    Options
    3500 calories is still a pound. If you OVERate by 7000, maybe you'll gain 2 lbs., maybe not. It's one day. I doubt you did anything at all except maybe pack on some water weight that'll come right off as soon as you go back to the status quo.

Well the way I was figuring is my Bmr is at least 2000 so that leaves me with 5000-6000 but was also walking around an amusement park All day sitting down for 20 mins at most so from 10-10 I was either standing or walking so im guesstimating 100 cals at least/hour so 12 hours = 1,200 cals burned by that. Soooo at worst 6,000-1,200= 4,800 so like a pound and a half. But I was wondering that since I've been 1,000 cals under my bmr/day 98% of the days for the past couple months, would that effect that number? Will my metabolism boost faster since I basically jump started it BIG TIME? Lol
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Remember, 1lb = 3500 EXTRA calories. As in calories in addition to what you burn daily. The average person is going to burn about 2000 calories going about their daily business. According to your stats, you're obviously much larger. If you're BMR alone is 2500 (remember, that's what you would burn sitting in bed all day) I'm sure you're burning at least 3000 calories daily just going about your business. Also, remember weight loss doesn't go day to day. Meaning if you've been well under your calories the rest of the week, you probably had a large weekly deficit.

Also, I somehow doubt you ate 7000-8000 calories. That's a **** ton of food. That's roughly the equivalent of 10 Big Macs (700 calories a piece). Even if you did eat that much, I doubt you'll see much fat gain, if any. Maybe some water weight, but that's it. One day or poor eating will not make you gain weight, in the same way that one day of clean eating will make you skinny.
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    145 pounds seems like an awefully low weight for someone who is 6'2". I think you will be fine
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    More weight loss of course!

Soon your stomach will start cramping and flatulence will bubble out your skinny *kitten*.

A massive crap attack will take hold of you and I swear to baby jesus when you step on the scale you will be 142 lbs.

Enjoy your celebration day!
  • RazorTazorsback
    Options
    Remember, 1lb = 3500 EXTRA calories. As in calories in addition to what you burn daily. The average person is going to burn about 2000 calories going about their daily business. According to your stats, you're obviously much larger. If you're BMR alone is 2500 (remember, that's what you would burn sitting in bed all day) I'm sure you're burning at least 3000 calories daily just going about your business. Also, remember weight loss doesn't go day to day. Meaning if you've been well under your calories the rest of the week, you probably had a large weekly deficit.

Also, I somehow doubt you ate 7000-8000 calories. That's a **** ton of food. That's roughly the equivalent of 10 Big Macs (700 calories a piece). Even if you did eat that much, I doubt you'll see much fat gain, if any. Maybe some water weight, but that's it. One day or poor eating will not make you gain weight, in the same way that one day of clean eating will make you skinny.

Lmaoooo Ohhhh trust me, I went ALL out 1,500 cals for breakfast 1,000 for lunch 2,000 for dinner and a crap ton of munching and stuff throughout the day. Ate a small bag of Reese's pieces, a fifth avenue, and 1.5 kitkats within 15 minutes for my final "hoo-rah" once we left the park....I'm still feeling it and can't sleep. I can honestly say I feel better knowing that I got it ALL out of my system. Now I know I won't get near the stuff I ate for another couple months. It took its toll. :D
  • RazorTazorsback
    Options

Soon your stomach will start cramping and flatulence will bubble out your skinny *kitten*.

A massive crap attack will take hold of you and I swear to baby jesus when you step on the scale you will be 142 lbs.

This^^^^^^ right here was one of the funniest responses I've EVER read on here. Don't know if it is just me being tired or what but I'm crying becuase I'm laughing so hard. At least you guys are making me feel less guilty about my adventure into the land of garbage food today :DDD
  • RazorTazorsback
    Options
    145 pounds seems like an awefully low weight for someone who is 6'2". I think you will be fine

I know my weight is really low, but I'm weighting to start "bulking up" when my fall semester starts up and I'll be able to hit the weights ever day and lift like a beast and eat like one too "ooo-rah"!!! ;)
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options

This^^^^^^ right here was one of the funniest responses I've EVER read on here. Don't know if it is just me being tired or what but I'm crying becuase I'm laughing so hard. At least you guys are making me feel less guilty about my adventure into the land of garbage food today :DDD

Really glad you are feeling so much better with yourself and your goals.