Good HRM???

Options
teee12
teee12 Posts: 93 Member
Hi,

I am looking for a good HRM.... I don't really want to pay anymore than $100-$150. Myfitnesspal isn't very accurate when it comes to logging exercise, i usually use how many calories i burn on the treadmill or bike when im at the gym, but i don't think its very accurate... might be wrong. but anyways.

Any recommendations?

:)

Replies

• billybuddut
    Options
    Though not in your price range, I use a polar rs800cx. I use this one because it also has a built in bike computer for when I am riding my bikes. I have had other polar hear rate monitors and have had good results with them. One bit of advice though would be to look for one that allows you to service the battery on the watch and the heart transmitter nugget yourself. This will save you money and time (some models you have to mail away to get the battery changed, oh and they bill you for the pleasure). There is also a bluetooth polar transmitter that can integrate into a smartphone app like cardio trainer, if you always have your phone in line of sight of your workout, this could be a cheaper option, in that you would only have to buy the transmitter. Good luck, I really enjoy my monitor and that I can download all my data to my pc and look at distance, speed, heart rate, calories burned, gps route (if you buy the adapter) and it will even map my rides on google maps.
  • cmmoten
    cmmoten Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a Polar Heart Rate Monitor. I have the FT4, which you can get for about 89.99. Just basically tells you your HR and the number of calories burned--basic and easy to use. There is also an FT7 which has a few more features, in addition to calorie counting, and it ranges from $119.99.
  • aliciagudino
    aliciagudino Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4 and I love it! It is my first one so far, I did get a New Balance N4 one but it was too complicated to set up and the lighting sucked. I got my Polar for $62 + free shipping on BodyTronics.com....cheaper than Amazon and Ebay, and in stores! I was just mainly looking to see my calorie burn, so this works perfect and SUPER easy to set up :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

I am looking for a good HRM.... I don't really want to pay anymore than $100-$150. Myfitnesspal isn't very accurate when it comes to logging exercise, i usually use how many calories i burn on the treadmill or bike when im at the gym, but i don't think its very accurate... might be wrong. but anyways.

For good calorie estimates (once tweaked for your stats) for use during workouts only - Polar.

For that and HR training options, intervals, zones and alarms, post-workout stats - Garmin.
  • Mommyletecia
    Mommyletecia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have the Polar FT60 Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Purple). It is great because it not only tracks calories and heart rate, it sets up a fitness plan for you once you enter your info. You can set it to coach you to increase your current fitness level or lose weight. I love it because it's pretty accurate and I know if I am working out hard enough. Sometimes it feels like I am working out hard but my heart rate is pretty low. I know that I need to kick it up a notch to burn more calories! You can also get a foot pod to track your running if you want as well. I don't have it because I have a fitbit as well, which I love because I synch it up with Myfitnesspal. It won't keep track of biking though which is why I have the heart rate monitor.

I got it on amazon for about $130.
  • sharonheiny
    Options
    I just got the polar ft4. I love it. I just wanted something to do my workouts with and know how much I burned. It was $100.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Mio Motiva and I got it for $69.99 on Amazon. It doesn't have a chest strap, so you have to check your HR with two fingers. It has ECG accurate heart rate readings and it is customizable with age, gender, height, weight etc, and it also calculates calories burned. I wanted something a little more simple than a Polar or BodyBugg and I did not want a chest strap because I do a lot of water aerobics and it's easy enough for me to just check it with my fingers. Not a big deal to me, but for some people it is.