Zucchinis and salsa

Options
I’m pretty sure that something similar must already exist, but I still want to share my recipe.

This is a very simple and quick to do kind of sauté. This recipe is good for two portions, so feel free to cut it in half if you’re alone, but I think it’s great for a lunch or even for another dinner.

Ingredients:
2 zucchinis
2 shallots (or green onions, whatever you call it)
2 celery stalks
8 ounces of diced chicken breast, boneless, skinless and already cooked. (I used a little bit more than half of a chicken breast)
8 tablespoons of Salsa (I used the “No Name” mild.)

First, you want to cut your shallots and celery, thin enough to cook fast, but not too thin because you want it to still be crunchy. After that, you can use a vegetable peeler on you zucchinis. Peel all of it, except for the center. It should look a little bit like fettuccinis, but thinner. Heat up your olive oil, in a large pan and then dump all the vegetables in. You can now use the spices you like. I used pepper, celery seeds, parsley and mint, but it’s really up to you. You should make sure that your pan is hot enough to grill the vegetables instead of getting them to boil in the oil. Mix it all and stir it for a good ten minutes, then add the chicken. It only took me five minutes from there for it to be perfect, but it will all depend on your stove. I would recommend you to stay close to it and stir it a lot to make sure it doesn’t burn.

I heated up some salsa (4 spoons for my portion) and poured it in my plate and I thought that it was wonderful. You could use another sauce and maybe add some cheese also.

I tried to calculate the calories and I came up with this:
Calories (per portion): 216
Carbs: 11
Fat: 6
Protein: 26

It may be a little bit different, depending on your chicken and your sauce but I think it looks pretty accurate.

Bon appétit!

Replies

• Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    This sounds good. Will have to try soon. Thanks for sharing.