How much money is enough for you to be

Options
NotSurprised
NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
set for life? I would say 15,000,000 I would be able to live rich & be comfortable and remember even if I were not able to increase my money over time, I would manage to stay rich with my own money manegement which is solid.

Replies

• meglide
    meglide Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What this has to do with "my fitness", I have no idea. You said 15 million but you didn't 15 million of what. So is that US dollars? What?

Mike
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    15 million is a lot of money! I dont know, if we were in make believe land were I could just have a bunch of money and never have to work for it...I would just have a pair of jeans that every time you put your hand in your pocket it would pull out a hundred.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    What this has to do with "my fitness", I have no idea. You said 15 million but you didn't 15 million of what. So is that US dollars? What?

Mike

Yes Yes Yes Mulla, money from any country you live or would want to live, currency it's possible to exchange.:laugh: As far as fantasy yes in a way that's until it happens to you by whatever actions you may take if it's still a fantasy to you by then give the money to someone who lives in reality, so they can make good use of it in any cause they may have i mean their are a plethora of causes for mankind. Just ranting one mad man living in a Fantasy land island if you will.:smile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

Mike

FYI......this forum is called chit-chat, fun and games.....the posts normally have nothing to do with fitness
    If u would rather talk only about fitness you might want to stick to the other threads....
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Thank You Kimber, I was goingto say the same thing, but I went the diplomatic way, because I didn't know if he was serious or not & didn't want to sound like an *kitten*, maybe it was a legitimate question who knows.:wink:

Jason

Remember a warrior may choose passifism, other's are condemmed to it.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Actually $15M, calculated over your lifetime and your expenses, house, car everything, is not all that much - and lets not forget retirement!!
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I'm sorry are you collecting a million dollars every few years even ten years?:laugh: I understand your concern, but I calculated it even spending 100,000 a year remember being financially sound of course, spending comfortably $100,000 a year you would only spend $1,000,000 in ten that means ten million last a hundred if you are not a dum dum & start going crazy purchasing everything you can afford at the moment, just the essentials like home & vehicle, also you may want to learn mechanics so you are not paying out the nose by somebody screwing you and you not knowing it's just my opinion.:wink:
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    if i had 15 million i would be able to pay off all my loans go to med school, open a restaurant for hubby and I will open my own clinic (hubby and i always wanted to open our own business) and get income through that. but that is just a nice dream lol.
  • meglide
    Options
    I'll take 10,000 ounces of gold. I have a feeling that $15 million won't be that much by the time the Federal Reserve is done printing money.

Mike
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    if i had 15 million i would be able to pay off all my loans go to med school, open a restaurant for hubby and I will open my own clinic (hubby and i always wanted to open our own business) and get income through that. but that is just a nice dream lol.

cool, cool, cool those are some nice things you would do even if it's in fantasy land.:laugh: :wink:
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I'll take 10,000 ounces of gold. I have a feeling that $15 million won't be that much by the time the Federal Reserve is done printing money.

Mike

That's a good one, but I meant after your tax duty you have 15,000,000 left.

Oh Oh OH did you mean the little crisis we have been in, huh I don't see it, but yeah you are definitely going to want to have paper in addition, because you can't haul that around with you, but yeah a little diversification is a good idea, real estate & the like.:smile:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Hard to answer because without it right now the dream would be to do a lot for a lot of people.
    That would burn through money fast trying to take care of some close friends for life.

If it was real would I be so generous?
    No way to guess as despite what everyone says or thinks every part of life would change.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Hard to answer because without it right now the dream would be to do a lot for a lot of people.
    That would burn through money fast trying to take care of some close friends for life.

If it was real would I be so generous?
    No way to guess as despite what everyone says or thinks every part of life would change.

That's why I say start alieanating friends & some family members, so when that eventually happens they know their role is all I'm saying they expect nothing from you.:laugh: BUT yeah ofcourse everything would change even some minut things can change things a bit forget a total new way of life by neccesity it would & should.
  • meglide
    Options
    think Carl got a great point, you read countless stories of lottery winners that either blew through their money and/or are miserable after the lifestyle change that occurred after their win

better to be content with a little and miserable with a lot, taking the entire world into account, everyone posting here is richer than 99% of all the people on this planet

Mike
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm considering over a lifetime, factoring everything in - marriage/engagement rings/wedding rings, honeymoons, vacations, children, schooling for children, clothing for children, university for children... living in a house - and hey, since you have a little extra cash, you will want the pool and all the expenses that come with the pool...and by god, there goes the roof on the house and there goes the furnace... Honestly, once you have the money, the more you need.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    think Carl got a great point, you read countless stories of lottery winners that either blew through their money and/or are miserable after the lifestyle change that occurred after their win

better to be content with a little and miserable with a lot, taking the entire world into account, everyone posting here is richer than 99% of all the people on this planet

Mike

We have talked about it in our golf foursome.
    Right now everyone more or less alternates buying drinks at the end of a round but if one was suddenly vastly wealthy would everyone resent buying a drink for him or just expect him to always picjk up the tab.
    Things you could never imagine.

Having said that I would be happy to see how it worked out just the same.:drinker:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thank You Kimber, I was goingto say the same thing, but I went the diplomatic way, because I didn't know if he was serious or not & didn't want to sound like an *kitten*, maybe it was a legitimate question who knows.:wink:

Jason

I guess I just rolled out on that side of the bed this morning...I did have to edit my response several times before finally posting

Anyhow, I think you either know how to manage your money, or u don't
    Doesn't matter what you make or win in the lottery if you can't adhere to some sort of pre-determined budget and live within your means..you're screwed
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    How 'bout this. We all get $15M each, move into one big house, split the cost, and then we have more spending money. AND GO.
  • meglide
    Options

Jason

I guess I just rolled out on that side of the bed this morning...I did have to edit my response several times before finally posting

Anyhow, I think you either know how to manage your money, or u don't
    Doesn't matter what you make or win in the lottery if you can't adhere to some sort of pre-determined budget and live within your means..you're screwed

The "quotes" around the myfitness part was supposed to signify that I was being "tongue and cheek" about it, but maybe next time I should be more obvious. Anyway thanks for not blasting me.

I think the last part by Kimber was what we should have told the Wall Street banks ... "you're screwed" ... instead of bailing them out.

Mike