Hello everyone - I'm new & Rip, Rearin', Ready-to-Go!

Options
stephanienorts
stephanienorts Posts: 3
edited November 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone,

I am almost one week in & I'm feeling great! Keeping track of my calories has really opened my eyes to the empty, extra calories that I have consumed in the past. This tool is such a huge eye-opener & motivator!

Does anyone have any good ideas for low-cal, healthy snack tips? (preferably with more protein) I have trouble staying within the recommended calories when I know I need to get in more protein with every meal.

Replies

• stephanienorts
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am almost one week in & I'm feeling great! Keeping track of my calories has really opened my eyes to the empty, extra calories that I have consumed in the past. This tool is such a huge eye-opener & motivator!

Does anyone have any good ideas for low-cal, healthy snack tips? (preferably with more protein) I have trouble staying within the recommended calories when I know I need to get in more protein with every meal.
  • JKArts
    JKArts Posts: 10
    Options
    I find the K-Time (Kellogs) bars are great. They have only 90 calories (which is less than the weight watchers bars), and they taste awesome. They have only 2g of protein though.

I can't seem to get enough protein either, despite eating meat a few times a week. I'm going to supplement my diet with protein for lean muscle. From all the research I've done (because I'm paranoid about taking anything that bodybuilders use), a protein supplement that has a mixture of whey and casein is the best. I have ordered a low-carb protein called evopro, which seems to get very good reviews.
  • klynn328
    klynn328 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A great power snack is :

1/2 of a whole wheat english muffin
    3 oz. of prepared tuna salad (non or lowfat mayo of course and just enough to hold it together)
    1 oz. reduced fat mozzerella cheese

I toast the english muffin first, put the tuna on then the cheese and broil it for a few minutes to melt the cheese.

I'm also a big fan of sushi. It's low calorie and high in protein and absolutely delicious. I believe it's the perfect food. Not the rolls, but the rice with the raw fish laying on top of it. Fresh sake (salmon) is fantastic. Most grocery stores are carrying it in there prepared foods section.
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I put my food in the food diary for today and I was amazed on what I was eating. I'm a diabetic and my sugar level was low at 12:30 this morning and I made the mistake of eating too many peanut butter crackers and drinking apple juice (only one glass), but I was ravenous and didn't need the extra crackers. Learn my lesson next time!
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    melba toast with peanut butter is good and slim fast shakes
This discussion has been closed.