hello, post-baby weight to shed!

Hi all, my first week on MFP... I have a 6 month old son and although I put on minimal weight during pregnancy I fell foul of the breastfeeding appetite and now that my son is weaning and sleeping a little better i've looked down and I can't see the floor! I have around 28 lbs to lose to get me back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I feel ready to tackle it now. I'm still breastfeeding my son 5 times a day so my appetite is larger but I hope to stop soon.

Replies

• JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Good luck <3 It looks like they don't have a calculation for nursing, I know it burns it up too though I gained about 60 pounds with my daughter(first pregnancy, i ate what i wanted lol) I ended up weigh less than before with nursing her steadily n walking!
  • AlexandriaReiland
    AlexandriaReiland Posts: 7 Member
    Hello ladies! I have a 7 week old baby and I'm exclusively breastfeeding! There actually is somewhere to add breastfeeding in the food diary! Go to add food (I usually put mine under snack) type in breastfeeding and a list pops up! There's different ones to choose from depending on how much you breastfeed. It then ADDS the calories to your total daily calories instead of subtracting! I get 500 extra a day! Goodluck on your weight loss journeys :)
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Good luck <3 It looks like they don't have a calculation for nursing, I know it burns it up too though I gained about 60 pounds with my daughter(first pregnancy, i ate what i wanted lol) I ended up weigh less than before with nursing her steadily n walking!
    there is as one of my ladies puts it in her diary and in minuses the calories
  • Yep, I get 300 a day extra. I'm struggling to keep within the allowance - my appetite really is huge at the mo! :smile:
  • And wow - already on the wagon with a 7 week old ebf baby - impressive stuff!