Is there anything bacon fat can't do?! :)

Options
After getting poo-poo'd yesterday on my thread about bacon fat and fried bread, and then making home made scotch eggs which I munched on, I lost 2.6 lbs yesterday :happy: Woohoo

OK, So maybe the rest of the week helped but I congratulate the bacon :)

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I cook my Sunday omelets in bacon fat. It creates a much more dense but fluffy texture to the omelet and it 'holds' up very well.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the bacon I just scarfed down for breakfast will bring me great losses at my weigh in tomorrow. Also the sun came out this morning for the first time this week - the day I cooked bacon - coincidence? I think not!!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    bacon is an amazing food and i absolutely adore it.

eggs fried in bacon fat is the best ;D
  • cramernh
    Options
    OHHH I meant to add this...

I make alot of compound butter at home. Im probably one of the very few who purchases butter in bulk, simply for that purpose.

I make a Maple-Bacon/brown sugar compound butter. Some of the bacon fat goes in with the butter, the real maple syrup, a light dusting of brown sugar, and finely chopped hickory-smoked bacon. Mix it all together well, roll up into a 'sausage' with plastic-wrap and free for future use...

This stuff is AMAZING.
  • beachlover317
    Options
    Between your pic and your descriptions...I'll be at your house in 20 minutes!!! Sounds delicious!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the bacon I just scarfed down for breakfast will bring me great losses at my weigh in tomorrow. Also the sun came out this morning for the first time this week - the day I cooked bacon - coincidence? I think not!!!

absolutely not! bacon makes the world go round... :happy:
  • lhiatt
    lhiatt Posts: 21
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY bacon!!!! Since I started doing low carb I am in HEAVEN able to eat bacon and eggs...what is better than that???? NOTHING! I would give up bread and pasta any day to be allowed some fat. And it works! :)
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    i grew up having everything breakfast fried in bacon fat. yum.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    My husband says this on almost a daily basis:

"If more people in the world ate bacon, all the worlds problems would just disappear. We're not fighting these wars for money, or oil, or power. It's because other people are mad they don't have any bacon."

Lol. Now he tries to get me to put bacon on everything.
  • cramernh
    Options
    Between your pic and your descriptions...I'll be at your house in 20 minutes!!! Sounds delicious!

heheheheh that is a dessert I make for my husband and he loves it....

Apple-Bacon Tart Fine..

I make a fig chutney with freshly cooked maple bacon. It gets smeared on a homemade pie crust dough. Slice up granny smith and golden delicious apples with a light dust of brown sugar, layered on top of the smeared chutney.

Bake in the oven on 400F for about 20 minutes, reduce heat to 375F until golden brown.

Take a torch to it afterwards if you must....

Apple, Bacon, fig... they are AMAZING ingredients together!
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I LOVE bacon! It has to be crispy though, I don't like Wiggly bacon.
    Good thing I grew up the pig farmer's daughter so we had bacon whever we wanted!
  • beachlover317
    Options

heheheheh that is a dessert I make for my husband and he loves it....

Apple-Bacon Tart Fine..

I make a fig chutney with freshly cooked maple bacon. It gets smeared on a homemade pie crust dough. Slice up granny smith and golden delicious apples with a light dust of brown sugar, layered on top of the smeared chutney.

Bake in the oven on 400F for about 20 minutes, reduce heat to 375F until golden brown.

Take a torch to it afterwards if you must....

Apple, Bacon, fig... they are AMAZING ingredients together!

If you could squeeze some peanut butter in there somewhere, I'd move in! All sounds delicious!
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    I just got a tweet today that stated you can't juice bacon. I thought it was funny that they tried.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have two strips of bacon and an egg for breakfast every day. It's so yummy, and I don't get hungry anymore until around lunchtime.