should you tell your biggest inspiration they inspire you?

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
My biggest inspiration is my dance instructor. She has a crazy busy life, she is the coordinator of BTS, runs allhomes, and does 10-15 exercise classes per week.

Do you think I should tell her she's my inspiration?
She's just got all this crazy energy and passion and happiness all the time. She is so sweet, like I have just become a dance instructor myself (as of today!!!) and she is just so gorgeous. She always takes the time to get to know everyone, and is just really sweet. She told me I'm going places, is an amazing dancer and she practically pushed me into doing the course... THIS, after she was in the New York dance academy years ago. It's just craazy! She's so talented haha,
should I tell her?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    her class also gives me so much more confidence!
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    Absolutely! I think she'd love to hear that! I know I would :)
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yes :) You say she's a nice person, so she'd probably be really happy to hear it.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Definitely
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For sure!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Definitely, definitely, definitely!!! I'd also tell her supervisor or the owner of the facility that hires her if she isn't working totally independently. I'm a big fan of seeking out a manager, supervisior, etc. and letting them know whenever I get good service - it takes two seconds and can just make someone's day.

If you feel at all shy about saying it face to face you could always pick up a really nice card with that type of sentiment (or write in a blank one) and slip it with her workout bag.

It's so nice to find someone you can really look up to AND like them as a person!

Congrats on becoming an instructor! :drinker:
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You might sound a little stalkerish.... And as though you have a girl crush.
    Perhaps just re-word it so it sounds a little more 'normal'...

ETA: normal = genuine.
  • Papabear0428
    Options

I agree! I don't think there is anything wrong with telling someone how they have inspired you but if you come at them in a manner they find off putting you could defeat the purpose of the positive message you're trying to convey. Maybe turn YOUR energy down just a bit and let her know how she has inspired you.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    I guess it depends on how you say it, but I think a little positive feedback won't hurt her :D

don't fall on your knees though and do the "my life would be nothing without you"-thing. I've seen this happen, it's a little embarrasing (even to watch) x)
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I agree! I don't think there is anything wrong with telling someone how they have inspired you but if you come at them in a manner they find off putting you could defeat the purpose of the positive message you're trying to convey. Maybe turn YOUR energy down just a bit and let her know how she has inspired you.

+ 1

Stalker activity / far-off deep and loving admiration is just plain creepy, no matter how inspiring they may be trying to be..
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options

+ 1

Stalker activity / far-off deep and loving admiration is just plain creepy, no matter how inspiring they may be trying to be..

agreed! probably tone it down, and just say it in a suttle way... or she may be taking 10 steps back and changing her number! :S
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options

agreed! probably tone it down, and just say it in a suttle way... or she may be taking 10 steps back and changing her number! :S

+ gyms!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options

+ gyms!
    Wel thats true - Canberra does have a lot of gyms.... Although this 'Groove' doesnt appear at many of them (Believe me, I've googled.... Never heard of it before and still cant find it!)
  • tanith88
    tanith88 Posts: 5
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with telling someone that they inspire you to be better.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i would say yes. :)

i once told my sister she is my hero. she is the strongest person i know and the most positive. no matter what life has thrown her way, she has had faith and pushed forward. she's a mother of 3 (one with special needs) who do every sport/dance class imaginable, she just graduated college and got her teaching degree, and she helps her husband run his construction business. she actually read that she was my hero... and then she called me and cried. LOL
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I wrote this as a comment on the news feed but in case you didn't see it:

Yes, most definitely....And if you are a better writer than actually telling someone (like me) you should write a letter to her telling her so that she can keep it to look at when she is feeling down...I think that she would genuinely appreciate that!! A very nice gesture indeed!! :flowerforyou:
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sure ( as long as you are not drooling)- it will probably make her day!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    TBH say it simply and let it drop.

I've had a few people say it to me and god knows what I'm meant to say back beyond smile and say thank you! LOL :D