Insanity!

Options
Let's start a thread for everyone to post their current progress with Insanity for some extra motivation and support. How long have you been doing Insanity? What are your goals? What do you struggle with? What are you doing well? Want to finally commit to Insanity and need help getting started? - chime in.

Day 4 - Insanity: Pure Cardio - This workout is seriously INSANE! I was dripping with sweat and still had 23 min to go; but I had the endurance to explode through my workout this morning.

Why is Pure Cardio INSANE? It's a 38 min high intensity workout and you get 2 breaks - 1st after the warm-up and 2nd after stretching.

I took a 20 sec break more than half way through but powered through the rest. Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• myskinnyjourney
    myskinnyjourney Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    today was day 1 of insanity for me and i lovedd ittt....i thought i would completely die i mean i did die a little but with all the views that people had suggested that its the toughest dvd and this and that i thought i could never do it...why did i even say that to myself cuz i just did day 1 and i love love it...i'll do it for the next 60 days whats there to loose lets just see what insanity does for my body i cannot waitttt...
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I start week 4 tomorrow. I've definitely noticed an improvement in my performance since day 1. I've upped my calories based on Katch-McArdle formula and doing hard exercise 6-7 days a week ( I think Insanity counts). Gonna try to leave my long time friend, the scale, alone realizing that it may take a few weeks.
  • amberchrista
    amberchrista Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am currently on week 4. I stick to the workouts religiously and only eat 1200-1300 calories a day. But I haven't lost any weight. Am I doing something wrong? Why am I not losing weight?
  • kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am currently on week 4. I stick to the workouts religiously and only eat 1200-1300 calories a day. But I haven't lost any weight. Am I doing something wrong? Why am I not losing weight?
    [/quote

You need to eat more. You need to eat back the calories you burn. You should also be losing fat but gaining muscle. Are you noticing your clothes getting lower and losing inches?
  • thesilentsenshi
    thesilentsenshi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm officially starting Day 1 tomorrow! I'm still sore from the fit test yesterday. How many weeks in until you are able to bend/sit down without hurting? LOL.
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm officially starting Day 1 tomorrow! I'm still sore from the fit test yesterday. How many weeks in until you are able to bend/sit down without hurting? LOL.

after the first three days
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

Not eating enough. Eating 12-1300 and doing Insanity you're netting 700-800 calories. Not enough. Go back and look at the nutrition guide.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

Week 2
  • SchoolCounselor
    SchoolCounselor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 2 of Week 4. I have lost 9lbs so far and 4 inches off my waist. It is hard, I am usually on the floor halfway through and struggle to get through the exercises.I am loving it and liking the results!
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm starting month two tomorrow. Not looking forward to the fit test PLUS a full workout that I haven't even done before! Bring it on though..:)
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Month two week two, and I'm loving it! You think month one is insane month two is bananas....I've seen more results from the first week than I did from month one, but I didn't eat perfect either. Its hard but its perfect for me. Good luck everyone you can do it!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my first day of week 5. I'm nervous for month 2 but I know if I made it through the first four weeks I can make it through another four.
  • amj111
    amj111 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am on day 54 of insanity, and I love it!! It has me beat about halfway through, but I just push through and dig deeper, and I am loving the results!!! I have lost 23 pounds so far, 20 inches off my body, and am gaining muscle tone!
  • jamiedun325
    Options
    starting it tomorrow and am quite intimidated by it, but excited too! can't wait to see the results!
  • FitDadx3
    FitDadx3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Consistency is one of the most important pieces of your transformation with Insanity. That and remembering what made you order the program to begin with. Don't ever forget where you came from. This will push you through the next 60 days...and 30 into Asylum? ;)
  • FitDadx3
    Options
    today was day 1 of insanity for me and i lovedd ittt....i thought i would completely die i mean i did die a little but with all the views that people had suggested that its the toughest dvd and this and that i thought i could never do it...why did i even say that to myself cuz i just did day 1 and i love love it...i'll do it for the next 60 days whats there to loose lets just see what insanity does for my body i cannot waitttt...

Just take it one day at a time. Consistency is one of the most important pieces of your transformation with Insanity. That and remembering what made you order the program to begin with. Don't ever forget where you came from. This will push you through the next 60 days...and 30 into Asylum? ;)
  • FitDadx3
    Options
    I start week 4 tomorrow. I've definitely noticed an improvement in my performance since day 1. I've upped my calories based on Katch-McArdle formula and doing hard exercise 6-7 days a week ( I think Insanity counts). Gonna try to leave my long time friend, the scale, alone realizing that it may take a few weeks.

Is it just me or does Insanity make you hungrier than a 14 year old? Remember those days?
  • FitDadx3
    Options

If you're only consuming 1200-1300 calories, you didn't read the Insanity nutrition plan. Just follow it step by step to know how many calories you need. Keep in mind, consuming too few calories can actually eat away at muscle instead of fat. Crank up your calories, stay consistent with your workouts, consume 6 small meals a day so you have a constant flow of energy, and don't base your results solely on the scale. The scale alone isn't going to justify your progress. Comparing your measurements, your endurance in the workouts and how your clothes fit are added indicators to advise you how you're performing.
  • FitDadx3
    Options
    Month two week two, and I'm loving it! You think month one is insane month two is bananas....I've seen more results from the first week than I did from month one, but I didn't eat perfect either. Its hard but its perfect for me. Good luck everyone you can do it!

I don't know what makes one more nervous, knowing the monsters like Pure Cardio only have 2 breaks in the whole workout or listening to Shaun T. tell you he's really nervous about the workout, lol! "That s^&$ is bananas yo!"

T-minus 55 days and then I'm moving on to Asylum!
  • FitDadx3
    Options
    Tomorrow is my first day of week 5. I'm nervous for month 2 but I know if I made it through the first four weeks I can make it through another four.

You've got it down Peachy! Keep pushing play. You've come so far in such a short amount of time. Keep rocking it girl!