• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Please don't say time. :sick:

Or practice? ;)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own versions. What works for me is drinking a tall glass of cold milk and eating a few slices of bacon.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own versions. What works for me is drinking a tall glass of cold milk and eating a few slices of bacon.

Bacon is the answer to everything :)

Middle Eastern peace? Bacon sandwiches with ketchup all round.

OK, maybe not in this case ...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not "homemade" (but I have made my own... it just takes a long time) but an Auntie Anne's soft pretzel with cheese dip is my go-to hangover cure. Papa Johns pizza with garlic butter dipping sauce works too, and DiGiorno has a "dipping strips" frozen pizza that's almost as good.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Water. Hangovers are caused by dehydration.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think the simple answer is lots of water and something bread/cracker like that's a little salty. :)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain I have dipped my bacon in ketchup once or twice, so I would not be oppsed to eating a bacon and ketchup sandwich :laugh:
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Gatorade and lots of it before you go to bed. Then more in the morning. Water helps too.

I know a guy who drank pedialyte when he was really trashed and was fine the next morning. I couldn't do it, the stuff taste nasty.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Recently found the only one that's ever worked in my experience: bacon, potatoes cooked in the bacon grease (I used the Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien) with salt and hot sauce, with one of those lower-calorie Gatorades. I wasn't expecting much of an effect, but it worked like magic, haha.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Nothing helped me but a dark, cold, quiet room to sleep in for 24 hrs and a few dozens trips to "pray to the porcelain God" (toilet) :sick: I do also recall eating carbs the next day and drinking ice water. Ps.~ stay away from loud noises too! :smile:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are great for hangovers!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I agree with the gatorade or powerade theory.................helps a LOT with the headache :)

And mexican food.................
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    Isn't that why most Mexican Restaurants have a nice fresh batch of Menudo ready every Sunday morning? Google 'Hangover Menudo'
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Albondigas soup and fresh limonada:wink: . Works like a charm. But kind of gets you in the mood for tequila again. :drinker:
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options
    Sleep. All day. The whole 24 hours. (I wish)

Mine changes all the time, but today's was fried egg on wholemeal. Ommmm. :wink:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I'm fairly certain I have dipped my bacon in ketchup once or twice, so I would not be oppsed to eating a bacon and ketchup sandwich :laugh:

no no no no no you have it all wrong!!! french toast bacon sandwich liberally drenched in maple syrup!!! the bacon must be crispy and the syrup must be maple otherwise it wont help at all. no ketchup, ketchup is for the french fries you should eat for lunch!!

lol My hangover cure is a Gatorade and aspirin, I take two aspirin & drink half the bottle before I go to bed and refill the bottle to the top with water. when I inevitably wake up in the middle of the night to pee I drink as much as I can of the gatorade/water mix and take another two aspirin and down the rest of the gatorade/water in the morning before breakfast. 99% of the time this prevents the hangover, however it doesn't work if you wake up still drunk, if thats the case see above french toast bacon sandwich with maple syrup remedy.

:drinker: :drinker:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

ooohhhh no I can't do straight water when hungover! not sure why because I guzzle gallons of it at normal times but for a hangover it must be gatorade!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

ooohhhh no I can't do straight water when hungover! not sure why because I guzzle gallons of it at normal times but for a hangover it must be gatorade!
    Gatorade works too, helps replenish lost electrolytes. Personally, I stay hydrated while drinking my alcohol, and I generally eat higher amounts of salt and potassium, so I've never been hung over.
  • erkss
    erkss Posts: 11
    Options
    Beer!
  • bditty187
    bditty187 Posts: 14
    Options

If I drank a class of milk hungover I wouldn't keep the bacon down! :smile: