Why the scale LIES!

Options
corlas0105
corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
I just completed Insanity, and was happy with my fit test results. But was really depressed about my measurements. I gained 9 pounds doing Insanity. So, I am back up to 145. That was where I was a year and a half ago when starting my journey to healthy and happiness. So, both of these pictures I weigh the same 145!!!!!!! I feel like I look better in the second picture. I KNOW I am healthier and happier.
day1front.jpg
This was Feb. 2011
day60Insanityfront.jpg
This was today after completing my final fit test!

I know I still have a lot of work to do, but I am NOT going to let the scale get me down!

Replies

• Kybelle132
    Kybelle132 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You look great!!
  • jennakrysteen
    Options
    you can def tell a difference! Good job!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I am doing Insanity as well and had a weigh in for the American Heart Association weight Loss challenge and i had gained 5 lbs!!! i was so discouraged knowing i had worked my fanny off! I can see a difference in my body...but ya know how that scale defines us at times!! lol...thank you again!!
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yeah don't let the scale tell you those lies! You look great and gained a lot of muscle which is definitely visable on your arms! And your face looks thinner. You're lookin good!!
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look much more fit and healthy in the second photo. I you have to figure the added weight is all muscle.
  • davis_j
    davis_j Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I am struggling with the same thing. I am taking in 1200 cals/day and exercising 5-6 hours per week but my weight hasn't gone down. Your photos gave me encouragement.
  • jayhawkX
    jayhawkX Posts: 48
    Options
    That's a really neat before/after picture. It just goes to show you how much muscle weighs. You have done wonderful work keep it up.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed! I weigh the same as when I was in college, but was in an 8/10 pant and now wear 4/6! Gotta love that muscle weight!! You look great!!!
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You have great legs now too!! Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    That's a really neat before/after picture. It just goes to show you how much muscle weighs. You have done wonderful work keep it up.

This! When I hit goal and start working seriously on getting fit, you make me think I should throw the scale out completely for awhile until I like what I see in the mirror.

Fantastic job and motivation!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look great! Everything looks more toned and tighter!!!!! Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just completed Insanity, and was happy with my fit test results. But was really depressed about my measurements. I gained 9 pounds doing Insanity. So, I am back up to 145. That was where I was a year and a half ago when starting my journey to healthy and happiness. So, both of these pictures I weigh the same 145!!!!!!! I feel like I look better in the second picture. I KNOW I am healthier and happier.
    day1front.jpg
    This was Feb. 2011
    day60Insanityfront.jpg
    This was today after completing my final fit test!

I know I still have a lot of work to do, but I am NOT going to let the scale get me down!

this awesome i love insanity but remember you are not only loosing fat you are gaining muscle so way to go keep pushing play & keep bringing it!
  • mclandry89
    mclandry89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WOW! amazing job! keep up the great work!
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference. You look really good! Thanks for posting; I've been restricting and exercising more than I ever have in my life during the last 2-3 weeks and really haven't lost anything.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Thank you for posting. You are doing so great. The scale does not tell the whole story. Pictures or measuring weekly is more important and more motivating. Congrats!
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post....you are looking great!!!
  • KatdenRN
    KatdenRN Posts: 52
    Options
    Well, the first thing you have to look at is the huge SMILE on your face... even YOU know that you not only look better, but you feel better!! You are certainly doing great because you are converting fat into muscle... something that we ALL want to do. Thanks for being an inspiration!!
  • corlas0105
    Options
    It is very hard to see the scale go up, and for me, I have a goal of 130-132 pounds. But, I agree, I may just have to ditch the scale and go by how I am feeling, how my clothes fit, and measurements. Thanks for all the compliments...I appreciate the support!

Corrie
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I can tell a BIG difference in your second picture!! You look great!
  • corlas0105
    Options
    Thank you! I still have a ways to go. And I am not sure what my next exercise adventure should be. Any suggestions??? I have done P90X, Insanity (of course), 1/2 marathon, and a sprint triathlon. I would love to train for another triathlon, but someone stole my bike :( What has everyone else has success with???
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!