Healthy Chicken Salad

Options
dendurgal
dendurgal Posts: 60
Loaded with colorful veggies and the juicy punch of grapes in every bite, this easy, lightened up chicken salad is a perfect lunch dish! For the chicken, feel free to cook however you see fit: roast it, pan fry it, even boil it! You can definitely adjust the ratio of grapes/veggies/chicken to your liking, as well.

Ingredients:

3 – 4 medium chicken breasts

1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 1 cup)

1 large red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)

3 – 4 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)

2 bunches red or green seedless grapes, sliced in half (about 2 cups)

1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt

1/2 cup light Miracle Whip

1/4 cup lemon juice

Salt and pepper, to taste.

Instructions:

1. Cook your chicken breasts in the way of your choosing (I seasoned them with a poultry rub and roasted them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes). When they have finished cooking, chop and combine with onion, bell pepper, celery, and grapes.

2. Mix yogurt, Miracle Whip, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a separate container. Add to salad ingredients and combine.

3. Enjoy on toast, in a wrap, or on its own!

Nutritional information per 1/8th serving: 160 calories, 3 grams fat, 10 grams carbs (1 gram fiber), 24 grams protein.

Adapted from Mrs. Hardesty's Tea Room 

Makes 8 servings

Replies

• 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Looks good. Thx for posting!
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lois1211
    Lois1211 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Loaded with colorful veggies and the juicy punch of grapes in every bite, this easy, lightened up chicken salad is a perfect lunch dish! For the chicken, feel free to cook however you see fit: roast it, pan fry it, even boil it! You can definitely adjust the ratio of grapes/veggies/chicken to your liking, as well.

Ingredients:

3 – 4 medium chicken breasts

1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 1 cup)

1 large red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)

3 – 4 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)

2 bunches red or green seedless grapes, sliced in half (about 2 cups)

1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt

1/2 cup light Miracle Whip

1/4 cup lemon juice

Salt and pepper, to taste.

Instructions:

1. Cook your chicken breasts in the way of your choosing (I seasoned them with a poultry rub and roasted them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes). When they have finished cooking, chop and combine with onion, bell pepper, celery, and grapes.

2. Mix yogurt, Miracle Whip, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a separate container. Add to salad ingredients and combine.

3. Enjoy on toast, in a wrap, or on its own!

Nutritional information per 1/8th serving: 160 calories, 3 grams fat, 10 grams carbs (1 gram fiber), 24 grams protein.

Adapted from Mrs. Hardesty's Tea Room 

Makes 8 servings
  • lollilady
    lollilady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    got to try that sounds so yummy
  • Lisa6206
    Lisa6206 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks!
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Will give this a try as it looks delish!
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    Good idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • pldg
    pldg Posts: 18
    Options
    bump
  • bump - definitely trying this!
  • Lindabummy
    Lindabummy Posts: 34
    Options
    that sounds delicious! And I love chicken. Have to go to store today so wrote down your ingredients and guess what we are going to have for dinner tonight? And enough for my lunch for work tomorrow. Thanks so much for sharing including the nutritional infomation.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Sounds good
    light miracle whip...what could I use instead? Sour cream?
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Cant do miraclel whip but it looks yummy!
  • BeniGee
    BeniGee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi

Query

For us UK dieters could you please describe miracle whip. Is it cream out of a spray can?!

Thanks Beni Gee
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I see no-one has ever replied here to answer the questions about Miracle Whip.

Miracle Whip is a creamy type plain salad dressing somewhat like mayonnaise but lightened up in calories and fat. You could just substitute light mayonnaise instead and it will be very similar.