Another HRM question

Options
So I have decided to go with polar based on all of your info yesterday. Now my question is...they have FT4 for women. Amazon has a low rating for the one made for women. Does a woman need to get one that says it is for women?

Replies

• wannagetfit02
    wannagetfit02 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think I am trying to over think this and I just need to go out and buy one so I will have it for Monday workout.:blushing:
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    It's probably just that it comes in pink rather than black!!

Sorry hadn't responded to your post on my status about HRM but heybales gave some great advice. If you just want a good estimate of your calorie burn during a workout get a Polar, if you want more detailed training information (intervals, zones etc) then you're probably better off with a Garmin.

I have a Polar FT60 and find it really helpful to make me move more! And of course it is a much more accurate calorie burn than MFP and other online calculators.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The only real difference between HRMs specifically designed for women is that the watches are smaller to fit our smaller wrists and often come in girly colors. My Garmin 410 is HUGE on me but it's unisex. I still love it!

ETA: You can see my Garmin on my left wrist in my profile pic.