Need to Lose Weight FAST-HELP

Options
I need to lose about 30 lbs in about 50 days.. I need encouragement and ideas ! Anything helps ! If you have a quick success story I would love to see it though all success stories are amazing ! I want to look great by the time I get back into school ! I want to suprise everyone ! Any help would be great ! Thanks !

Replies

• nursing23
    nursing23 Posts: 75
    Options
    bump
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    A pound is 3500 calories. 30 pounds is 105000 calories. To lose that in 50 days, you need a 2100 calorie deficit every day. So, that means you either need to exercise A LOT or eat next to nothing.

Sorry to be discouraging, but that's probably an unreaslitic goal. You should plan on losing about 2lbs a week at most - 50 days is about 7 weeks, so that would mean about 14lbs. That would be much more realistic, but even still, you have to remember that weight loss isn't linear and you might not lose some weeks (stress, hormones, slip-ups, etc could all impede your progress).
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, everything Lora says is true. If you can convince a doctor of your need to lose that fast, maybe he/she can help, but otherwise, it sounds pretty unrealistic to me. I just wish it was realistic, I'd love to lose that fast, too. :frown:
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    A pound is 3500 calories. 30 pounds is 105000 calories. To lose that in 50 days, you need a 2100 calorie deficit every day. So, that means you either need to exercise A LOT or eat next to nothing.

Sorry to be discouraging, but that's probably an unreaslitic goal. You should plan on losing about 2lbs a week at most - 50 days is about 7 weeks, so that would mean about 14lbs. That would be much more realistic, but even still, you have to remember that weight loss isn't linear and you might not lose some weeks (stress, hormones, slip-ups, etc could all impede your progress).

This is so true. The only way I can think of to lose weight at that rate is to go on the Biggest Loser and let Bob yell in your face for six hours a day. I would say that your best bet would be to take the 'slow and steady wins the race' route and try to incorporate some new healthy habits into your life. Good luck!
  • ZForce915
    ZForce915 Posts: 23
    Options
    I need to lose about 30 lbs in about 50 days.. I need encouragement and ideas ! Anything helps ! If you have a quick success story I would love to see it though all success stories are amazing ! I want to look great by the time I get back into school ! I want to suprise everyone ! Any help would be great ! Thanks !

Eat disciplined small meals throughout the day to keep your body burning fat and exercise a lot. Don't skip on the water.

As others have said, this is a lofty and potentially unreachable goal, but even if you come close you'll have done your body well (as long as you feed yourself!) What is your current weight and height?
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Did you not like the responses you were receiving in your other thread??
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Try Dr.Dukan diet, you may lose some quickly plus exercise. I once tried it, 7 days on lean protein lost 6 pounds.
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    You're wanting to lose at a rate of more than four pounds per week, which is pretty unrealistic - not to mention very unhealthy.

Sure, there might be some crash diet you can follow that will help you lose that quickly. However, once you go off that diet, the weight will come right back on.

It's much better to lose it at a reasonable rate through proper eating habits that can be maintained for a lifetime, rather than go for a quick temporary fix that won't last.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Sorry, the only way you are going to achieve that in 7 weeks, is to have started 2 months ago.

Set yourself a more realistic goal, like getting there by Christmas.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Eat disciplined small meals throughout the day to keep your body burning fat and exercise a lot.

eating often or once a day does not affect anything. this old myth will never die. at best, eating often MAY help you not get too hungry but it also MAY make you even hungrier.

losing that much weight that fast is just not realistic. You didnt gain it that fast and it is even slower losing it.

get on a good plan for weight loss and you will look healthier and have more energy when you get to school. that is more attractive then a gaunt and tired looking person anyday.
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It says that you have already lost 12lbs so if you lose another 12lbs by the time you back to school thats 24lbs - trust me people will notice!
  • ZForce915
    ZForce915 Posts: 23
    Options

Eat disciplined small meals throughout the day to keep your body burning fat and exercise a lot.

eating often or once a day does not affect anything. this old myth will never die. at best, eating often MAY help you not get too hungry but it also MAY make you even hungrier.

There is plenty of people out there that have been saying this for years. What evidence to the contrary do you have?
  • Cindi_Rella1
    Cindi_Rella1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just find a healthy eating plan and exercise as much as you can, especially exercises that build muscle. While you may not lose 50 pounds that fast, building muscle will help burn the fat and make you look thinner at the same time! Drink tons of water and make sure you eat plenty of protein!!!