Goal Weight?

Options
I haven't been thin in a long long time and I'm not sure where I should be content. As long as I am within my healthy weight range, I should be ok, right? I'm so curious about how I'll look at certain weights.

SW: 207.8
CW: 178
1GW: 170
UGW: ???

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I think you should adjust when you get to your first GW. If you are happy there, it may work for you.

I have changed mine so many times. Heck almost weekly!!! My first was 140, then I moved down to 137. Now it is 130-135. Everyone is so different that it is so hard to put ONE number on it.

Good luck!
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I haven't been thin in a long long time and I'm not sure where I should be content. As long as I am within my healthy weight range, I should be ok, right? I'm so curious about how I'll look at certain weights.

Yes, stay in your healthy weight range, and you will be fine!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/ <--- this websites lets you put in a height and weight and see what people with those measurements look like. It may help you see how you would look. Everyone is different ofcourse but it helped me realize I don't have to weigh 100 pounds to be skinny! :)
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options

I agree that you should wait til you get to 170 to make a decision. Who knows? You could get there and be happy and want to maintain that weight. Or, you may decide you want to lose a little bit more. I tend to go by how I feel and look, but I also want to stay in a healthy weight range for my height. Good luck; congrats on all of your progress thus far!
  • AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I think I'll just get to 170 and go from there, then! :D
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    I'm just starting and have mine at 150lbs, but may adjust it according to how I feel and how I look. I want to make sure my bmi is in a healthier range but I don't want people asking me if I'm sick because I lose too much weight! I would just like to be close to what is considered a healthy weight for my age and sex.