what is your logging strategy?

Options
I like to track everything that I'm going to have throughout the day in the morning. I feel like it will give me a better sense of how the day is going and keeps me on track better. Obviously adjusting if things change.

Replies

• Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just log as I eat. My food choices usually depend on my mood at the time I'm gonna eat so who knows what I'd be in the mood for! :)
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat as long as I can. It leads to what I choose later in the day, and I think that helps.
  • beccahummel423
    beccahummel423 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I actually log for the week ahead on Sunday. It makes it easier for me that way.
  • Kmnae
    Kmnae Posts: 3
    Options
    I log as I eat but have goals I try to keep for each meal or snack and adjust as needed.
    EX.
    Breakfast 200-250 calories
    Lunch 200-250 calories
    snacks- 200-250 calories
    Dinner- 500 calories

If I know I am going to have one of my meals over goal I just cut back on something else. This helps me because then I dont get surprised at the end of the day with to few calories.
  • tcm118
    tcm118 Posts: 54
    Options
    During the week, I log the whole day after breakfast. On the weekend, I log as I eat it.
  • AtteroIgnis
    Options
    I try to Log my meals for the day when i get up, also taking a very low estimate of the gym work i plan to do that day (which i amend after doing it)
    I find it easier to stick to my diet if I'm working to a plan and more often than not the psychological effect of having my calories pre set down stops me snacking.

I do and will change things on the fly, but it helps for me to have a general sense of where my day is going early on.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I try and log a couple of days ahead if I can, that way I know what I can have and whether I can have an extra snack if I am hungry at work. I often change things around and adjust throughout the day but its nice to have an idea before the day starts.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I log as I go as I always seem to change my mind about food if I put it in advance.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat too. I'm terrified that I'll forget something and then totally ruin everything. No pressure :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I prepare most of my food (except for dinner) and log it in the night before.

I always leave room for changes but it really helps me as I'm a grazer and I love having options. If I don't plan things out, I'm afraid of impulse buys and eats.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I pre-log the night before or the morning of an change as necessary.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I used to log the day before (usually know breakfast and lunch) then dinner whilst it's being cooked. Much better at judging now, so do after dinner, any slips balanced with Wii - exception is if I have a snack I do asap because I'd forget.
  • cherryacid
    cherryacid Posts: 23
    Options
    I find i stick to my calories if i log everything i plan to eat in the morning(apart from snacks).