My wife got me into this ... MFP has opened my eyes

Options
So today was my day # 1 on My Fitness Pal and man I didnt realize just how much crap I was putting into my body ,,,,,My wife intoduced( forced) me to this site, now I am excited ,,,, Freind requests are always welcome,,,,

Replies

• Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    YAY !!!! :) XOXO
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just did the same for my husband. Luckily for him its probably about eating better, or even more calories, he has been working out A LOT and has lost a lot of weight.

I also tried to motivate my father, who does really need it, but he is overseas, and not very computer saavy, so its more difficult. Hopefully I can teach him to do it when he comes for vacation in a month.

Best of luck on your weight loss, and so sweet that you acknowledge your wife (we usually DO know better! ;))
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It really is a great easy site that lets you see what your eating and what you should be eating! Good luck!
  • Welshie_boy
    Welshie_boy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So day # 3 ,,,,I can nt belive just how much crap I was putting in my body ,,,,,alomost 5,000 cal a day ?? thats crazy ,,,, cant wait to see the results
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more - MFP is an eye-opener and pretty exciting! And it's so much fun, and so convenient. Fantastic for you that your wife is committed to the program as well... your home will be an MFP Zone! I joined just over 3 weeks ago and have lost 11 pounds. Send me a friend request if you like. All the best!
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's amazing, isn't it when you start writing down all that you eat and drink. I'm glad that you are your wife are doing this together..good for you both! Feel free to add me as a friend...your wife too.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the real world :drinker:

It has been sort of shocking at times ......

Best of luck to you !
  • MommaRainbow
    MommaRainbow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't on here, but he has changed his habits. We went out to eat last night at a fast food place place to eat ane IK asked if they had something that listed the calolries in each food...they gave me this long sheet with a breakdown of everything. Whow, I was so excited it was a big & fast help to decide what to get. I think I will make a folder & keep in the car for anyplacde I can get this info from!

It is wonderful you and your wife are doing this together! It does work.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Howd she force you into this? I am trying to get my wife on board too! My motor level is off the charts on the high end and hers is the opposit =/

We're all in this together and as a team we will succeed!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    This is the womans plan to take over the world...mwhhhhhhhhh :laugh:

Seriously tho welcome and good luck! x
  • SwissRiviera
    Options
    Congratulations! Your wife is a great one! I am happy to be part of your support team!
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, it's great! Awareness of how much we're really eating is one of the first major steps to making some changes. :)
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    I know exactly what you are saying.
    I joined cause my Nieces was on here first.
    I also joined cause of recent health issues too.
    It really had the wow factor for me.
    Welcome and stick with the plan. It works if do it.
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    Congradulations. You'll be shocked at how much you'll learn if you stick with it. You'll educate yourself and that will provide both knowledge and power for you to always maintain in the future. It becomes a lifestyle and a good one at that. Check out my photos and if you want another friend, you;ve got it.

Lots of helpful hints if you want them.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I agree it is an eye opener. My husband got me to join here as well. We are in this together.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Same here; my wife as well.
    It makes it easier when your spouse in on board and you both are on the same page in this fight.
    Good Luck to you both :drinker:
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! It is an amazing place and quite nice, also. :)
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Howd she force you into this? I am trying to get my wife on board too! My motor level is off the charts on the high end and hers is the opposit =/

We're all in this together and as a team we will succeed!

I think he saw my results and how much fun it can be so he decided to give it a try.... Tell your wife you met some nice people and most f them are girls... that should to the trick lol. :)

PS my" HI " post got me 2 friends , you have an army of supporters... lol
  • Welshie_boy
    Options
    I dont consider what I am doing to be a diet ...I am just eating healther ,,,,and Less of it ,,,,, The food is still good and I am not hungry ,,,, I dont wanna Jinx it but I stepped on the scale and it said I lost 6lbs .... thats in 3day...is that even possible ,,,,, I cant wait till I reach my goal ,,,,,who knows maybe there is a Marathon in my future ,,,,
  • Welshie_boy
    Options
    so again I am getting more eye opening punches to my fat chins. lol .... was starting to make my and my sons lunch when I caught myself reaching into the cold cut bag of peperoni like it was second nature ...like a reward for opening a door .... ( I didn't eat it ) ...then when I grabbed some bread I went to shove a piece in my mouth .... wtf.... I have been poisoning myself for years ...