Hunger loss.

Options
Ever since I've started following MFP, and watching my calories, I'm finding myself less hungry. Such as today my family went out to a nice steak restaurant, but I could hardly eat 1/3 of my meal before I felt full, and feeling full, I stopped eating. I was also drinking water with it.

Is it normal to not feel as hungry as one used to after one starts watching? What could this come of? It happens rather regularly, one or two times a week, and it's quite odd, to me.

Replies

• toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    totally normal, your body is getting adjusted to eating less :) its a good thing!
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you are like me I suppose perhaps you are paying more attention whilst eating and noticing your body's cues more,
    Not falling prey to the wrong food so avoiding sugar spikes which leave you hungrier afterwards,
    drinking more water so you're not mistaking thirst for hunger and
    providing your body with better nutrition overall and so less prone to overeat.

I am only a beginner so I'm not sure but that's what I would guess.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    So often we get into this mess in the first place through mindless eating. As we become more conscious eaters and make deliberate choices, we pay more attention to what our body is saying. Plus your body gets used to smaller portion sizes. So yeah, normal. And good! Many still struggle with hunger, often b/c physical and emotional hunger are so intertwined.
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ever since I've started following MFP, and watching my calories, I'm finding myself less hungry. Such as today my family went out to a nice steak restaurant, but I could hardly eat 1/3 of my meal before I felt full, and feeling full, I stopped eating. I was also drinking water with it.

Is it normal to not feel as hungry as one used to after one starts watching? What could this come of? It happens rather regularly, one or two times a week, and it's quite odd, to me.

I don't know if it's normal or not; but I do know that it's happening to me as well. I suspect that just as eating "large" creates a hormonal imbalance (i.e. creating a false sense of hunger and satiety), now that I'm eating less and better, incresing my daily activity and drinking water, the the imbalance is being corrected. At one point, you may find yourself struggling to eat all of your calories!
  • pursuitoffitness
    Options

I don't know if it's normal or not; but I do know that it's happening to me as well. I suspect that just as eating "large" creates a hormonal imbalance (i.e. creating a false sense of hunger and satiety), now that I'm eating less and better, incresing my daily activity and drinking water, the the imbalance is being corrected. At one point, you may find yourself struggling to eat all of your calories!

This ^. I just started struggling to reach my goals and literally force myself to eat.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating enough calories compared to what you are burning in your workouts. Some days I may not feel like eating(I wonder sometimes if that is more mental then physical). I see with myself that my better choices of meals I am less hungry. Some days to get enough good, healthy calories I have to grab a few more snacks like peanut butter, yogurt, cottage cheese, almonds, walnuts, sting cheese, just to make my caloric intake goals:)

I have to be careful because if I see a lot of extra calories leftover at the end of the day, this says "wow, that's gonna be a lb or two off the scale but it doesn't mean it's fat alone I am losing). More and more I am into building muscle or at the very least toning up those muscles and not worrying about the scale. Stronger muscles burn more fat! Denise

• Kmnae
    Kmnae Posts: 3
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing I eat less I get full so fast and dont really get hungry between meals. I do snack several times a day to try to keep my metabolism up.
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Seems rather normal if we're all doing it!

That's great though. It feels good. Sometimes at the end of the day even though I've eaten less, I still weigh more, but after a few days it's gone, and that always feels great.