Easy Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies

Options
jrbowers83
jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
I adapted this from a recipe in parenting magazine, and substituted Splenda to make it diet friendly. This recipe comes out with the most moist PB cookies for days after baking. It's almost magical how it bakes together as a cookie when there's no flour!

1 C. Peanut Butter
1 C. Splenda no-calorie sweetener
1 large egg

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients with spoon until well-incorporated. Drop by 1 tablespoon full onto ungreased cookie sheet. Dip a regular fork in Splenda (may have to dampen the fork slightly for sweetener to stick) then press cookie until flat vertically and horizontally to make a crisscross pattern. Repeat for each cookie. Bake about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for about 1 min. to avoid crumbling.

Makes: 10 cookies

Serving size: 1 cookie
Cal.:149 Fat 13.5 g Sodium: 125.4mg Total Carb: 7.4 g

Replies

• MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, sounds yummy!
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MPH2
    MPH2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I say stay with the original reciepe and use 1 cup of brown cane sugar. Sucralose is a man made chemical. Here is the production process from Wiki:

Production

Tate & Lyle manufactures sucralose at a plant in McIntosh, Alabama, with additional capacity in Jurong, Singapore. It is manufactured by the selective chlorination of sucrose (table sugar), which converts three of the hydroxyl groups to chlorides. The selective chlorination is achieved by selective protection of the primary alcohol groups followed by acetylation and then deprotection of the primary alcohol groups. Following an induced acetyl migration on one of the hydroxyl groups, the partially acetylated sugar is then chlorinated with a chlorinating agent such as phosphorus oxychloride, followed by removal of the acetyl groups to give sucralose.[

Now does that sound like food? Chlorine is a prinicipal ingredient in the final product.
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    bump
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I agree, go real. just limit your intake.
    I find that "sugar Free" stuff is very irritating to my digestive system...hahaha:blushing: