Lost a lot of weigh after at least 3 babies

Options
tammyandzach
tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
So I am kind of feeling like no matter how much weigh I lose my body won't every improve. I have had 3 babies who have stretched me to the max and then adding to that I got up to around 265 at the end of my last pregnancy with an 11lb7oz baby. Can someone who has made it through and seen the results post some pictures please.

Replies

• keri1292
    keri1292 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know I've seen a few mamas of twins that made a comeback. Your one lil chunk equaled two twins, so you'll probably have similar results. And you'll get to live longer and see them grow for many more years. That's better than a bikini bod IMO. :)
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Been there done that. Was 220 pounds, was obese for over a decade, now down to 125, which is what I weighed in high school. Ten years ago I never would have thought this possible but life, exercise, and discipline have proven otherwise. You can do it.
  • Enigmatica
    Options
    BTW. I had 3 babies too.
  • wee_emski
    wee_emski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 112 lbs after having my third son 10 months ago. You can do it hun! I gained 2 and a half stone in each of my pregnancies (most of it in my bum and thighs) but managed to lose it within a year of each baby. I'm trying to tone up a bit at the moment but I am normally a big walker, walk everywhere with my boys and baby wear my youngest in a sling which again helps to burn calories.
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621423-almost-there-90lbs-lost-in-about-10-months

I posted that last month.

I've lost 102.6 lbs as of this morning. It's taken about 11 months. I started at about 270. Today I was 167.4.

My kids are 6, 3.5 and 1.5 years.
  • Enigmatica
    Options
    There are pics on my profile. As for concerns about loose skin, there was awhile when I thought I might spend the rest of my life with shar pei skin rolls on my belly and arms after losing so much weight so fast. But my skin gradually firmed up along with the rest of me and looks great now. My doctor said it usually takes longer for skin to adjust on older people like me and to focus on good nutrition to help my skin heal amongst other things. But even if my skin hadn't caught up over time, I'd much rather be slim and healthy in loose skin than overweight in tight skin!
  • tinemarie15
    Options
    I understand. I am 5' 4". I have had 4 babies - #3 was 9 1/2 lbs and #4 was 10 1/2 lbs. I am so stretched out and my organs have all shifted around (my Dr told me), so my middle section is really wacked out. I gained a lot with #4 and need to lose at least 40 lbs. Also, son #1 and son #4 were c-sections, with #4 being an emergency c-section.
    This site is really helpful. Be sure to track what you eat, don't beat yourself up, and try to get some exercise in every day. Our bodies take a beating bearing children, and our hormones get out of wack, too, which also has a bearing on our weight loss.
    My youngest is already 4 years old, and my weight is not wanted to come off without (what seems like) an almost impossible fight! But, I won't quit!
    Take heart - I am in this with you, and so are many others!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    l.jpg
    This picture was taken the night before I delivered my twins which was my third pregnancy I got up to 223lbs from 155.....

I have a 7yr old, a 5yr old and the twins will be 3 at the end of the year.....

iphonepics022.jpg
    This is me now.....I'm currently fluctuating between 140-143 :/....I'm really trying to get to like 135 or even 130 but as long as my size 6's fit me with ease I don't care what the scale says :)..... hope this helps you....
  • lisarenee_x0
    Options
    What kind of exercises do you do for your stomach? You have a flat tummy - that's inspirational after having kids, period!! lol
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    I've had five children-two of which were 10lbs + and have gone from 200lbs at my max preggo weight to now 135lbs and still losing. AND this makes my second time in 5yrs losing 40+lbs (I was down to 125 and then got preggo unexpectedly with my fifth child who is going to be 3yrs old tmrw). YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I had a better body 5yrs ago then I had my entire life and I am 37yrs old, btw. It is entirely possible to have a rockin body after having lots of babies.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend for support if you would like!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Here was me last year BEFORE I got pregnant with #5.
    39lb_loss.jpg

I'd dropped from a (TIGHT) size 20 to a size 14 from April until September.

Here was me last week, when I hit 40 lbs loss from delivery on May 25th
    d91ff1f8.jpg
    9549e4a6.jpg

I'm not quite finished, 20 more to go until pre-pregnancy, and then I want to lose another 20 and firm up (which is why no side picture mid-drift).

I'm doing Zumba and I LOVE it! It's shaped up my curves better than the arc trainer and circuit training that I was doing a year ago. Hang in there, if my body can bounce back after 5 ANYBODY'S body can. My tummy won't be flat as a board, but I think my trophy is worth the achievement of holding 5 beautiful blessings :)
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've had four kids. my pics are on my profile
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercises do you do for your stomach? You have a flat tummy - that's inspirational after having kids, period!! lol

Believe it or not I don't really focus on my tummy but I owe that to a round of Insanity :). I'm on my second round now hoping for the same results or better :). Its still "squishy" and "wiggly" in the middle but I'm not going to complain to much b/c I'm sure its loose skin and once I get my boobies :) it wont be so noticeable to me lol.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I gave birth to 6 kids so it can be done. I have loose skin on my tummy and tiger strips but nothing short of surgery can change that.

11614737_5051.jpg
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have gotten *well over* 200 lbs with each of my 4 kids. After the 2nd I got down to a very trim size 8 (I'm 5'7 1/2") and it was great! It's proving a little harder this time since I'm 10 years older now....but it's definitely possible. My belly was HUGE each time I got pregnant (most of my weight was there so the flab...*shudder*). It does tighten up, the stretch marks do fade...just takes work! You can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!