Hello, I'm new of course

Options
wbandel
wbandel Posts: 530 Member
Hi, I'm new to the site. I found this app for my phone and so far it has been really motivational. So far I don't have any friends on here, mostly because the best friends I have probably wouldn't be very interested in losing weight with me.

I know that friends can be very motivational for each other, so if anyone would like a friend to help motivate them or if they'd like to help motivate me, once the app loses its inspiring powers (and the chocolate looks better and better), feel free to add me as a friend or let me know to add you.

I'm really interested in crafting type things too, like sewing and crocheting. So if anyone is especially interested in a weight loss/craft buddy or knows of a group or something of the sort, please let me know.

-W

Replies

• pixijude
    pixijude Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hey im new too!!not to sure how to work all of it yet!!gonna start tomorrow!! eek!add me sure :) dreading exercise lol
  • Munchkinated
    Options
    I am a painter and love to learn crafts too. Would be great to have a weight loss buddy :)
    Maybe these activities can help with the weight loss :laugh:
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Munchkinated, it's funny that you mentioned that. Since it's summer and I have more free time than usual (no classes), I've been crocheting a lot. I started making my own patterns for crochet food. My husband joked that instead of eating food I'll be making it.

http://wbandel.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/crochet-bacon-and-pancakes-pattern/

I recently made this pattern. I'm trying to think of what else to make.
  • Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I love your pattern for crocheted food! I love crafting too and I've just started to crochet a blanket for my granddaughter due in November! Please feel free to add me as a friend :happy:
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I use to crochet back when I was in college. I need to start this up again since I have two scarfs that aren't done. Feel free to add me! We can keep each other motivated.