I am new on here!!! Always looking for friends and support.

Options
I just joined today..I only have 30 pounds to lose but its hard. I always give in to temptation and fail. Eating healthy makes me feel as if I am starving!!! Any ideas on good food that will keep me satisfied?

Replies

• skittles8810
    Options
    You can add me. I eat clean foods. Look up The Eat Clean Diet, which is not really a diet and you will see that you can eat a lot of good foods and be full. I started dropping weight like crazy when I did this. I love it!
  • lollilady
    lollilady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi just accepted ur friend request have only been here 2 weeks and have done 6 ponds to date feeling extremely motivated inbox me anytime jackie
  • Munchkinated
    Options
    Having some Quinoa or Bulgur for lunch with vegetables is a great and healthy meal. It tastes great and you feel stuffed afterwards. Keeps you full and you won't feel like you're hungry for a while.
    Also brown bread is great for lunch. 1 slice with anything you eat makes the weight loss feel much easier.
    Soup with a few croutons is good too.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Whether you have to lose 30 or 130 lbs, it's tough for all of us, but you can do it! I'd be interested in the replies as well, because I'd definitely like lower calorie, more filling foods. Feel free to add me.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am on MFP every day. I also have about 30ish pounds to lose to hit my first goal weight.
  • elisatd
    elisatd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Yes, it is hard but so worth it. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I, too, am looking for as much support as I can get. :happy:
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm alway here for help! And so are a lot of us! Best website I found for awesome food... skinnytaste.com I LOVE IT and have turned on a bunch of others!

Add me as a friend.... friends are a good thing!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    Hi! you are welcome to add me. I am trying to eat as much fruits and veggies as I can. salads although dressing is a real challenge.

for snacks : air popped corn, granola, raisins, graham crackers , laughing cow cheese wedgess, crackers. I am mostly trying to eat fruits and veggies.
  • AgentWalker008
    Options
    You can always add me :) I'm a gainer, but I'm here to support and be supported x
  • chelle866
    chelle866 Posts: 53
    Options
    hiya xx
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I only have 30 pounds to lose as well would love to be friends You can add me if you'd like
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been using MFP for a long time, but didn't make an effort to make friends until this month. It makes such a difference to have friendships on here! Please add me! I would love to be an encouragement to you! This is a great place to find support and help.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm alway here for help! And so are a lot of us! Best website I found for awesome food... skinnytaste.com I LOVE IT and have turned on a bunch of others!

Add me as a friend.... friends are a good thing!

skinnytaste.com is amazing! Her Pinterest page makes it a lot easier to sort through what she has posted.

Eating foods that are high in protein and/or fiber will help keep you feeling more satisfied. Carbs generally leave you hungry for more.

Anyone can feel free to add me; I've lost 50 lbs. on WW before so like to share what I've learned if I think it can help.

Tammie
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Going from eating what you like when you like to eating just what you need is hard. You forget what feeling hungry is like and often when we claim to be hungry its not true hunger but a mental one. Also people often confuse thirst with hunger (yes i know that sounds odd) try drinking a glass of water and if you are still hungry afterwards you will know it is genuine. It also takes time for your stomach to adapt from eating vast amounts of food, it will shrink in time and you will feel less hungry despite eating what your body needs. Also try and avoid that mental hunger its just habit that you need to get out of, go for a walk, call a friend or go to the gym and break the habit.
  • CHEVYGYRL27
    Options
    I have about 25 pounds to lose...i'll motivate you and share recipes as I get them. You can add me if you like
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    It's all about balance and moderation. Some people think they are eating healthy but in fact they are restricting too much or completely eliminating certain foods. Some of the most fit and succesful people i've seen on here do NOT follow the "eliminate this______ and you will lose weight" trends. We need fats, carbs, protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals etc... for our bodys to function at peak performance. The best thing you can do to get fit is stick with freshly prepared foods so try to avoid overly processed and prepackaged foods. If you are hungry snack on raw veggies, nuts (within reason) and fruit such as apples and berries. Always start the day with a good breakfast... oatmeal, omelote with spinach and peppers, breakfast sandwich made with lean protiens and smoothies made with fruit and greek yogurt are some examples. Make sure you are eating foods with fiber they will help you feel full. If possible eliminate sodas (even diet) and high calorie drinks they are empty calories which you can use elsewhere in your daily intake.

There's plenty of support on here for when you get frustrated. Good luck and remember its worth the effort it takes to make a lifestyle change!!:flowerforyou: