I have been working out and eating healthy and NO LOSS!!

Options
I have been working out at bootcamp and walking and mking fairly healthy food choices. I adjusted my calories from 1400 to 1700, which I thought was the problem in my first two weeks. I lost 100 pounds on weight watchers so obviously their system works well for me - so I wanted to eat the calories = to points. Sigh. ok Dont get me wring I like my new lifestyle, I feel strong physically and mentally...and I know I am not going to stop but I want some gratification and so proof that I am doing thigs right. I am AMAZED that I have not changed even one ounce on the scale even with a 300 calorie change!!! On one hand
I'm glad, obviously if I had gained I would lower them but that doesnt even seem to matter. According to several other sites my recomended cals are closer to 1900...maybe I shouls increase again???!!!!! I love my bootcamp and I work hard....sigh.... I am trying to stay positive - that is usually how I am, but I am so ssd to not even loose 1 pound. I have been on here 30+days. :(((

Replies

• Cheriedelightful
    Options
    Check your inches... have you firmed up? Are your clothes looser now? Remember that muscle weights more than fat....
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You should track inches lost. I have had the same problem
    with the scale. I definitely have lost inches and am building muscle.
    Hopefully that will make you feel better. I know how it feels when the scale
    is not moving...it stinks!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to find my zone.
    I had to tweak both calorie intake as well as burn rate.
    You will find yours as well.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I now accept that because I am lifting heavy every day the scale doesnt budge for a month or more sometimes, then BAM 7 - 14lb goes just like that. My inches are fast disappearing though! Stick with it you will see the scales go down but try not to worry about that number as your first goal.
  • KendraLoveless
    Options
    I'm willing to bet you have been adding muscle which weighs more than fat, but burns more calories, so is a good thing. Any way you can track your body fat %? Did you take any measurements before you started boot camp?
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Remember that muscle weights more than fat....

Really? Weird... You'd think a pound would weigh the same no matter what it is made of......
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I now accept that because I am lifting heavy every day the scale doesnt budge for a month or more sometimes, then BAM 7 - 14lb goes just like that. My inches are fast disappearing though! Stick with it you will see the scales go down but try not to worry about that number as your first goal.

This. With you busting @ss, your muscles are retaining water to help repair themselves so it might equal no weight on the scale for a few weeks but inches and fat loss should be happening. Do you see more definition, inches gone or dropping pant/shirt sizes? Those are better markers for fat loss when you get close to goal weight.
  • Sasha2211
    Sasha2211 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did get my measeurements take when bootcamp startedd - its an 8 week official program so we took before and after pics and they measured us. I appreciate that I do feel "leaner" and cute in my clothes...a good thing, lol. I am just baffeled by the way everyone says - eat less - burn more = losses. I though it was just the way our bodies work. Thank you for your positive feedback - and I do plan to keep at it
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Really? Weird... You'd think a pound would weigh the same no matter what it is made of......

I think what he meant was, even if you lose the lbs in fat, you gain the lbs back in muscle?
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Calories are probably set too high...lower them back and I bet you'll see results. Remember, you need to create a deficit in order to see a loss...no deficit, no loss. Although, I will say don't go too low. My sister-in-law adjusted hers from 1,200 to 1,450 and that was her sweet spot. I stick to about 1,900-2,000 a day (although I am maintaining). 1,700 seems a bit high but, again, you'll need to find what works for you.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the number on the scale drop but I think seeing the inches lost, and the way I feel in my clothes is far more rewarding than what that damn scale tells me. Just keep on going!
  • KendraLoveless
    Options

I think what he meant was, even if you lose the lbs in fat, you gain the lbs back in muscle?

Obviously a pound of muscle and a pound of fat WEIGH the same, but a pound of fat has almost 2x the volume of a pound of muscle... meaning a pound of muscle, while weighing more, take up less space. take a look at some of these images to see what I mean:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=pound+of+fat+and+muscle

or just google "pound of fat and muscle" (without the quote marks...)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on here have already said what I'm going to say. The tape measure is a lot more accurate than the scale. Maybe try taking some measurements and hiding the scale at the back of the closet for a little bit.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    This!
    I'm willing to bet you have been adding muscle which weighs more than fat, but burns more calories, so is a good thing. Any way you can track your body fat %? Did you take any measurements before you started boot camp?
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I dont know if this will help or not but I decided to get back in shape April this year. Eating the right things doing a **** load of weights and decent amount of cardio. For two months my weight did not change at in fact I gained a lil after 4 weeks (allthough my pictures and measurements were going down). I found it really frustrating too but once I hit the 2 month mark its started falling off and by June I had lost a stone. I am in July now and still losing slowly but surely.

So dont give up keep fighting and I promise you , you will see results.
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

It is getting annoying seeing people debate this over and over. Obviously the same volume, or mass size, or whatever the right term is, the muscle will weigh more. This is what people are referring to. Grrrrrr.
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options

It is getting annoying seeing people debate this over and over. Obviously the same volume, or mass size, or whatever the right term is, the muscle will weigh more. This is what people are referring to. Grrrrrr.

Yep, just because it sets off someone's little OCD trigger these always turn into a long debate. Can't those of you who constantly object, saying "A pound is a pound" just UNDERSTAND that Every. Single. Time. that someone says, "muscle weighs more than fat," they ASSUME you are smart enough to figure out the underlying UNDERSTANDING that they mean "per volume?"

It's so far beyond tiresome that it's pathetic.
  • mom2my3angels123
    Options
    you're right. but muscle is more densely compacted than fat.
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing the 30 day shred for the past 14 days... Ive been eating low carbs and drinking lots of water....and i went from 171lbs to 175lbs... whats going on?
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Don't get too frustrated. I was steadily losing weight and hit a plateau. Been stuck at the same weight for over a month now. I have been using it as practice for when I need to maintain my weight. You can try upping your protein and fiber intake and monitoring your sodium. I will say though I lost a pant size over this month even though I still weigh the same. Definitely take measurements and check them.