I have not had ANY LOSS!!!!!! HELP

Options
I have been working out at bootcamp and walking and mking fairly healthy food choices. I adjusted my calories from 1400 to 1700, which I thought was the problem in my first two weeks. I lost 100 pounds on weight watchers so obviously their system works well for me - so I wanted to eat the calories = to points. Sigh. ok Dont get me wring I like my new lifestyle, I feel strong physically and mentally...and I know I am not going to stop but I want some gratification and so proof that I am doing thigs right. I am AMAZED that I have not changed even one ounce on the scale even with a 300 calorie change!!! On one hand
I'm glad, obviously if I had gained I would lower them but that doesnt even seem to matter. According to several other sites my recomended cals are closer to 1900...maybe I shouls increase again???!!!!! I love my bootcamp and I work hard....sigh.... I am trying to stay positive - that is usually how I am, but I am so ssd to not even loose 1 pound. I have been on here 30+days. :(((

Replies

• eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So don't look at the scale. Make sure you're measuring instead. If you're working out a lot, you'll still be slimming, but sometimes the scale won't budge. So track your measurements.
  • rhinowithonehorn
    Options
    I have been working out at bootcamp and walking and mking fairly healthy food choices. I adjusted my calories from 1400 to 1700, which I thought was the problem in my first two weeks. I lost 100 pounds on weight watchers so obviously their system works well for me - so I wanted to eat the calories = to points. Sigh. ok Dont get me wring I like my new lifestyle, I feel strong physically and mentally...and I know I am not going to stop but I want some gratification and so proof that I am doing thigs right. I am AMAZED that I have not changed even one ounce on the scale even with a 300 calorie change!!! On one hand
    I'm glad, obviously if I had gained I would lower them but that doesnt even seem to matter. According to several other sites my recomended cals are closer to 1900...maybe I shouls increase again???!!!!! I love my bootcamp and I work hard....sigh.... I am trying to stay positive - that is usually how I am, but I am so ssd to not even loose 1 pound. I have been on here 30+days. :(((

You upped you calories from 1400 to 1700? That is why your not losing now you are not in much of a calorie deficit you need to eat less not more.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    why did you open up 2 threads about this?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

if it's your first week of the higher calories, you just need to give it some time, as the first week your fat loss may be obscured by water follwoing the replenishmnet of glycogen from your extra calories.

Give it a little longer.

Also, make sure you take measurements - losing inches will give you motivation even if the scale doesn't budge :)
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many calories you ate on WW? Their plan tends to be pretty low calorie, esp. if you're suborn like me and refuse to eat all the low-fat foods they punitively gear you toward. It can be an adjustment switching methods and it just might take you a while to even out. Best of luck!
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    the more you work out the more you gotta eat. you need to feed ur muscles.
  • theycallmebubba
    Options
    I had this problem too when I first joined. I figured out that it originated when I did my initial profile in that I picked "active" which gave me a higher calorie intake. Then I would log the exercise that I did in effect doubling those calories. Now I have picked sedentary and then log the exercise and eat those calories on top of my bmr. That seems to have fixed the problem for me.
  • fitnessbudget
    Options
    If you only have a small amount of weight to lose, it takes longer for the weight shift to show via the scale.:grumble: However, your clothes should tell the story. Are they getting to be too big...do you have 'old' clothes that now fit? Are you leaning out - appearing to look smaller but weigh the same...these are all NSV [non-scale victories] that are more important than the number on the scale....stay strong -IT WILL HAPPEN !!:flowerforyou:
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Starting an intense workout program inhibits scale changes.
  • jdswaker
    jdswaker Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The transition from Weight Watchers can be a little daunting, I know. But don't give up. I have been losing weight on MFP.

I find that using a hybrid WW/MFP program has worked for me. I am sure to drink the minimum six glasses of water, eat the 5 fruits/vegetables and two dairies. Beyond that, I find that eating close to my daily calorie allowance, including the calories I earn from exercise helps. And be sure to get enough sleep.

I agree with eviegreen...as you get closer to your weight loss goal, the scale may not move as much as the tape measure. Try watching your measurements for a time to see progress.

Good luck.
  • Sasha2211
    Sasha2211 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The transition from Weight Watchers can be a little daunting, I know. But don't give up. I have been losing weight on MFP.

I find that using a hybrid WW/MFP program has worked for me. I am sure to drink the minimum six glasses of water, eat the 5 fruits/vegetables and two dairies. Beyond that, I find that eating close to my daily calorie allowance, including the calories I earn from exercise helps. And be sure to get enough sleep.

I agree with eviegreen...as you get closer to your weight loss goal, the scale may not move as much as the tape measure. Try watching your measurements for a time to see progress.

Good luck.
  • Sasha2211
    Sasha2211 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am about 50 pounds from my goal so Imnot close at all. Haw did you go about mixing both programs? According to my BMR my cal are around 1900 and according to what I figured with ww points at 50 cal for one point I should be at 1850 (aprox) I chose the lower 1740 to create a stronger deficit while still just living life and not being on a "diet" Thanks fro all of the feedback - well most of the feedback!!! Sometimes it helps to get it out of my head!!! lol
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options

This is why measuring matters more than the scale:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580019-the-scale-is-a-lying-torture-device-i-m-proof
  • jdswaker
    Options
    Remember that the point system is not truly 50 calories per point. Most vegetables are "free" and depending on the fat and fiber, the point spread can be less than 50 cal to 1 point. Also the points don't take into account all the sugar, especially high fructose corn syrup, that's in everything. WW doesn't really teach you to eat better food. You spend your energy eating and earning points.

What I had to do was just forget about points. Toss that out of your mind entirely. Points only work when you are on WW. Doesn't work here. Here, you have to concentrate on improving your lifestyle...whole grains, limit sugar, portion size, healthy proteins, regular exercise...etc. So keep the WW 6 glasses of water, 5 fruits/vegetables, 2 lean proteins and 30 minute daily exercise...at least that was the basic when I was on it years ago. Beyond that, forget WW and learn how to live better.
  • goatfishtwo
    goatfishtwo Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Get your macros in check. Tinker with those and see if anything changes. Calories aren't the end all be all of weight loss.
  • jdswaker
    Options
    I had this problem too when I first joined. I figured out that it originated when I did my initial profile in that I picked "active" which gave me a higher calorie intake. Then I would log the exercise that I did in effect doubling those calories. Now I have picked sedentary and then log the exercise and eat those calories on top of my bmr. That seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Great advice. I did that too.