Just getting started - would love support

Options
Hi everyone,

I am here to make a new start after a long battle with depression and not treating my body so well. I am in a good place now, and I am thankful for every day. I finally realized that I love myself enough to take care of myself every day from now on. I am ready!

I have a substantial amount of weight to lose, and I am ready to get healthy - not just lose weight. I am a single mom with a 13-year-old son, and I am a full-time court reporting student. I went through a very painful divorce in 2008, and since that time I have been abusing my body with the wrong kinds of foods and a lack of exercise. I have recently started walking 6 days a week, and I have been eating very healthy food with a lot of spinach salads with all kinds of vegetables, oatmeal for breakfast, smoothies, and lots of sweet potatoes. I have stopped eating fast food, and I really watch my bread intake. I love bread, but I find that if I eat more veggies and healthy carbs I feel so much better.

I have recently found out that my blood pressure is a little high, and I feel a sense of sadness because I realize that I am the one who has caused the problem. So I have decided to continue with my walking schedule, and I am going to add Turbo Fire into my workout schedule. I am going to ease into Turbo Fire slowly. I love how Turbo Fire makes me feel.

I am looking to meet new friends and I am here to offer any support and encouragement to anyone who needs it!

Replies

• commkrista3
    commkrista3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You sound like I did a few weeks ago. I've only been serious about this for a couple of weeks, but I find MFP has been extremely helpful in keeping me on track, especially my MFP friends. I have literally never met any of them, but everyone has been extremely supportive. One friendship request on the way:wink:
  • aquamarine36
    Options
    Thank you so much! Nice to meet you. I'm finding that I'm really enjoying tracking my food and exercise on MFP. I think that the support of people like you is an added bonus. :wink: