Finished first day of c25k

Options
Hey,

I just did the first day of c25k and feeling pretty good. Sure showed how unfit I am but just as I was starting to get really owned the voice in my head said only 1 minute left!

Hopefully I can keep it up and do the whole 8 weeks.

Also went out and bought 1) measuring tape, 2) food scales, and 3) journal today so hopefully I will keep on top of recording my exercise, food intake and measurements starting today!

I was getting slightly sore ankles though, don't know if its normal for someone new to trying to run of if my technique is just really bad for me, will have to try read up on how to run..

Replies

• coop52
    coop52 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I finished the C25K program a few weeks ago (but only actually got up to 5k a couple of days ago). I used to get sore ankles (and sore everything else) until I bought a pair of actual running shoes. Are you using running shoes or just regular sneakers? If you go to a running store, they can tell you what kind to get for your gait. Wearing the wrong shoes can make your feet hurt and lead to shin splints and other injuries.

Keep it up! It's hard at first. Don't feel bad about repeating a week or going too slow (hint- going slow is actually best!) You'll finish it in no time at all.
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I start week 2 tomorrow, I kind of screwed last weeks week 2 up so I'm doing it again as of Monday. Before I even stepped out the door I was thinking negative things like I was going to stop half way on day 1 etc, but then as I was doing it and I felt everything getting more exhausting something triggered in my head to keep going which made the whole thing into a positive thing.

I do need to get some decent running shoes though which I intend to get this week because I've just got some standard cheap trainers to use at the moment.

I still get the negative thoughts of thinking I'm never going to get through it but I always seem to push myself through it I think I get into the zone after a while!