no rest day?

Options
how bad is it to not have a rest day during the week occasionally? today is my rest day. i did the warrior dash last night. but i am super bored today and i want to work out!

Replies

• eeeCharlee
    eeeCharlee Posts: 13
    Options
    I always make sure to have at least one rest day a week...working out all the time doesn't give your muscles time to repair themselves, plus it increases the risk of injury. On my days off I don't lift weights or do intense cardio, but I do like to go on a walk or a nice bike ride or something to keep me busy :)
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I work out every day ......I havent had a rest day in 3 months .......im fine :)
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    it would be good to have 1-2 rest days

but if u feel ur bored and have the need to work out, just got for a nice walk.. that's what i do.

but i never have a rest day (why, im usually always doing physical work) lol
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    you should have a day of rest to let you body recharge or you could burn out to fast but if you have the need to then make it so you only do a min amount feel free to add me as a friend an see how I do it
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    When I'm not completely sleep deprived I don't take rest days, I just make sure to vary what I am doing as to give different parts of my body some "rest". If I run/walk a few days in a row I will switch to just strength or yoga or something for a "rest" day...
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    It is really important to have one. Your muscles repair themselves on rest days. Giving them a chance to relax will improve your overall performance.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If you're bored, do some yoga, stretching or light cardio....these will help with recovery.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am so out of shape, those rest days save me from hating life and wanting to quit.
    I worked out so hard this week that EVERYTHING was sore, even my abs....some parts were beyond sore, I was in pain. Advil and a restful weekend have made me happy.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you're bored, do some yoga, stretching or light cardio....these will help with recovery.

this, definitely. yoga or pilates would be a great addition to your routine, especially as hard as you've been working lately. would help with stress, too :wink: