Hiya...

Options
My name is Casey. I started at the beginning of the week at 337lbs. Yep, I'm a big girl and at 5'4 it makes me look even bigger. I can blame it on the bone disease I was born with, I can blame it on my job (i sit down 8 hours a day), but ultimately the only thing I can blame is myself. I'm an emotional eater, and the past few years havent been great, so I've pretty much eaten myself into an early grave. Right now I can barely walk, my knees are bad.

What prompted me to do a diet? I went on a cruise for my 32nd birthday. And I had to rent a wheelchair. I was in the BAHAMAS, and I couldnt even enjoy it, I was in such pain I missed my own birthday trip. So as soon as I got home I looked at what I ate and I discovered...that I am crazy.

So, I've put myself on a 1500 calorie diet, I've started lifting little weights, and as of now...6 days later, I weight 334lbs. I keep fluctuating day to day sometimes I weight 332 sometimes 334. But at least I'm finally getting it all together. I do miss bacon, I miss chocolate, and candy and ice cream, all the things that have made me what I am today. So from now on, there are no more excuses. I have to get the weight off.

Replies

• corgiluv
    corgiluv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job on starting your weight loss journey. I know what is like to be a emotional eater. I do the same thing.

I have been on WW for three years and have only lost 37 pounds, these pass two years I keep losing and regaining the same 10 pounds. It is crazy, I can't understand why I can't break the 200 mark.

You are worth this, just remember and maybe next year you will enjoy your birthday as ou should. I wish you all the best.
    God Bless.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp honey. I know you miss those things now but look at all you are missing of life. Your recent cruise is a perfect example. I am an emotianal eater and a shorty as well so I understand perfectly. I have discovered that a good old sweat inducing workout helps me get over all that negative self talk and that each day I get stronger physically and emotionally. Practice in all things perfects those things. We choose to perfect self love or self loathing. If we feed those bad feelings with food we only turn that vicious cycle around and around ourselves. I know you can do this. Look at the wonderful start you have made! :flowerforyou:
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Be strong Casey, you are in the right place. Build yourself a group of supportive friends and you will realise how good MFP is. The support network is fantastic. Lose your weight slowly, do not try to rush it. By losing slowly, you will learn how to change your lifestyle and your new way of life will NOT be a diet. It will be NORMAL. It will GOOD. It will be YOU.

Good luck

Linda
  • ColoradoSweetPea
    Options
    Awesome job! I just started yesterday! I know how you feel... I have a ways to go myself!
    Keep up the great work!
    :smile:
  • superchick49
    superchick49 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Casey,

I also have a long way to go, but this one thing I know. We can both do this. It is a day by day, sometimes hour by hour process, but it is possible. You can do it. You are not alone.
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcomes and the encouragement. Definitely what I need! You guys are great. :) Thank you