Options
NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
I need ideas. Something fast!

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    red leaf lettuce topped with roasted onions, red, yellow, orange peppers and grilled chicken, with a balsamic vinegrette. And one glass of red wine.
    Would have grilled the vegetables too but didn't want DH to have to stay out to long in the cold. BBBRRRRR, only 28 out! and a storm on the way!
    Hope you have a good dinner
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'm having baked chicken breast, couscous and peas. Again. Lol. I made up a bunch of dinners in advance, and this will be the fourth night in a row....

Tomorrow will be 3 days in a row of salmon, quinoa and mixed veggies.....
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Salmon w/ drizzled olive oil and fresh lemon and any seasonings you like, bake it and have w/ brown rice and salad (or another veggie)
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Im trying the chicken and cornbread (crockpot recipe) with string beans.
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Baked chicken breast, rice and beans.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see that chicken and cornbread in the crockpot recipe, sounds YUM-O :wink:

I made garlic shrimp with couscous and a side salad. It was yummy and light! I needed something light cause I have to work out in about an hour :grumble: Only good thing is that tonite is a wii fit night and I know I'll be having fun while burning cals!

Hope you make out ok with dinner :flowerforyou:
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    Tuna salad
  • wallerinaprincess
    Options
    I had a 6-inch sunway turkey sub on honey oat, with mustard, and a small veggie soup (all around 400 cal).
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have yoga tonight so don't get home until 7:00. I'm having 2 morning sausage veggie patties and some edamame. It's only about 300 calories but b/c I get home late I try not to eat too much.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Mine is leftover tater tot casserole made with lean beef, 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, and, of course, tater tots.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    lasagna and a salad, had made a large pan of lasagna (ground chicken) and froz portions, so yummy
  • Laila21
    Options
    seared tuna steaks with a side of pesto angel hair
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken and 1/2 cup of peas.
  • nehptune
    nehptune Posts: 138
    Options
    one quorn chik'n patty
    1/2 cup steamed broccoli
    1/2 boiled new potatoes with a bit of butter.

yum-o!
    and only ~300 calories.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    whole grain pasta with pumpkin sauce...
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I got the recipe here under chicken cornbread (crockpot). to be honest the chicken was great was not to crazy about the cornbread. I dont think I would make it again.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had the Ham and Potato Casserole from http://www.eatbetteramerica.com
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    FitJoani - Please share the pumpkin sauce recipe!!!

I had Annie's All Natural Rotini pasta with 4 cheese sauce from a box (prepared with skim milk/no butter), added a whole bag of frozen organic broccoli florets to the cooking pasta and cajun seasoning to the cheese sauce, with a piece of Pepperidge Farm Garlic Texas Toast on the side - 250 calories for a hearty portion of the pasta and 140 for the bread. One of my favorite quick on-hand family dinner options!

Tonight: Beef stew - 1 pound of ground beef, drained mixed with 1 LARGE can of veg-all vegetables, 1 can of stewed tomatoes, some frozen green beans, and lots of garlic and seasonings.
  • MPH2
    MPH2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    red leaf lettuce topped with roasted onions, red, yellow, orange peppers and grilled chicken, with a balsamic vinegrette. And one glass of red wine.
    Would have grilled the vegetables too but didn't want DH to have to stay out to long in the cold. BBBRRRRR, only 28 out! and a storm on the way!
    Hope you have a good dinner

Yum!! This sounds good and made with fresh food!
  • MPH2
    MPH2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I normally don't like to use factory food but this is so so easy and darn tasty.

Crockpot Fiesta Chicken

Into crockpot add
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can corn - drained
    1 can of black beans - rinse the beans before adding
    1 can Rotel

Get the temp up then reduce to low for 3-4 hours. Now go hang out in the hammock and read a book, but I guess you could do chores if you have too. :wink: Grab 2 forks and shread the chicken breasts right in the pot. If there is too much liquid just leave the top off for a bit and let some water evaporate. Now add a bit of fresh chopped cilantro and you have a tasty chicken mixture. You can serve with tortillas, or tostadas or on top of a bed of rice or even a salad.

Total prep time is like 2 commercial breaks