HRM, Boobs and Sports Bras

I decided to use the heart rate monitor today to see what I was really burning for calories. My husband helped me put it on and made sure it was in the right spot etc etc. Then I put on my sports bra and started working out.

Well, either I die repeatedly during my work out (which is most likely) or the hrm looses contact with me. It is on very very tight and does not move and it is wet enough but it still drops out. It works fine on the hubby but his moobs are not as big as my boobs and he doesn't wear a sports bra.

Does anyone else have problems with the hrm dropping out while exercising? And how did you fix it?

Replies

• weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Is there anywhere else the band can go?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Mine sits just under/equal to where my sports bra stops. No issues here!
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    My HRM suggests to wet the contacts slightly before using.

The first time i used mine it did the same thing until i followed the instructions! :)
  • Coccoyng99
    Coccoyng99 Posts: 3 Member
    Try using the heart monitors that are worn on the wrist or the arm.
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    I also wear mine right under the band of my bra and center the receptor underneath in between the girls LOL. It works fine for me that way.
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Make sure it is located correctly (as someone mentioned, about where your sports bra stops). I have mine as high up as I can under by breasts, without chafing of course (yes, it can happen, and is not fun). If it drops out, make sure it's wet enough. I know you said it was, but sometimes, it seems to be but it just isn't.

Also, does it 'curl'. If it does that could be an issue. It doesn't need to be tight tight tight, I just have mine so it won't fall off, but not so tight I can feel it when I work out. Mine did fall out a little in the beginning, but I think was due to placement and it not being wet enough.

And don't go for the ones that are worn on your wrist, as they are not even remotely accurate.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    I decided to use the heart rate monitor today to see what I was really burning for calories. My husband helped me put it on and made sure it was in the right spot etc etc. Then I put on my sports bra and started working out.

Well, either I die repeatedly during my work out (which is most likely) or the hrm looses contact with me. It is on very very tight and does not move and it is wet enough but it still drops out. It works fine on the hubby but his moobs are not as big as my boobs and he doesn't wear a sports bra.

Does anyone else have problems with the hrm dropping out while exercising? And how did you fix it?

Do you wash that strap in the washing machine every 5th or 6th time it is used and do you rinse it out thoroughly after EVERY use? If you do not, the salt will solidify on the sensors and will prevent it working properly and eventually it will not work at all.

I had issues with mine a few weeks ago whereby the strap kept slipping down during my runs. I solved it by winding it above my bra clasp at the back so that it could not slip down at all and so not lose the heart beat. Some people sewed velcro on their strap and bra to have the same effect.