Mirena and ab work-ladies only

Options
Ladies I was wondering does anyone else have trouble with this at all? I feel like the pain is getting in the way of my training mostly it affects my mood.

Replies

• mdplopez3
    mdplopez3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've had a Mirena for 4.5 years now and I don't even notice that I've got it it. I've taught dance and gym and I'm currently taking TaeKwonDO and I've NEVER had any pain.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I don't want to scaremonger as its different for everyone but it's giving me problems.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mine never bothers me. You might want to give your doctor a call if it persists.
  • lstone03
    lstone03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The only issue I have is the never ending TOM. You may want to call your doctor.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've only had mine for 3 months. But I haven't had any problems at all.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, the appointment is booked already. I think mine has moved and I've been doing more lower ab work than ever which disagrees with me.

I'd like to say its the best decision I ever made I don't want to put thers off but wondered if anyone had a similar experience.
  • sashalee2001
    Options
    Mirena never adversely effected me, I don't have it in now, as my DH and I are going to TTC in September, but when I tried losing weight in the past it never bothered me. I will probably get it again.
  • kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If it's bothering you, I would definitely go see your dr. I had to have surgery to have mine removed because it had went through my uterus and had lodged itself in some fat surrounding my intestine. I had only had mine in for about 2 months.
  • Dnjsmom
    Dnjsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second Mirena (had my daughter nearly 12 years ago), and other than the pain from when it was first inserted, and the pain from when that one was removed as it was then expired and a new one put in, I've not had any pain with it. I also have had no menstrual cycles either, for that, I am EXTREMELY happy!!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I'm rather short and my uterus is quite small - no pregnancies. therefore i feel it with certain activities like extended ab exercise or sex with an especially large partner, but otherwise i don't even know it's there.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I had one for almost 5 years and it never effected me except I never ever had menstruals. You should have it checked out.