Try this again..

Options
Hey all, I'm Rhianon. I was on this site about six months ago. At the time I found it depressing and too restricting so I stopped using it. I am single and not looking for a soul mate so losing weight sort of mattered to me but not so much. Well now I have heart problems so suddenly it has to matter to me. I have to change my lifestyle and get healthy. I'm 42 years old and live in Ohio. I have about 50 lbs I need to lose to get at a healthy weight. My overall plan is to change my eating habits. Instead of fast food, frozen meals and sugary snacks I'm going to stock up on celery, fruit, and chicken salad and such. I plan to eat at least 4 small meals a day instead of 2 large ones like I used to. I do hike every week but I'm also going to start weight lifting and daily walks if I can stand it.. I suffer from severe Achilles tendonosis.

I also hope to make friends here. I've struggled with weight ever since having my child 20 years ago. At one point I used ephedra and lost a lot of weight. That was the unhealthy way to go. This time I am going to do this right. If anyone wants to friend me please do so. Doing this alone, even on this site, is much more difficult, and since I live alone I don't have much support around me. Thanks!

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well, welcome back! Best of luck to you on your journey. Remember to love yourself!
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    Hi, Rhianon. I'm in Ohio, too, and I'm sending you a friends request. I too lost weight in an unhealthy way a few years back and my metabolism still hates me, so I understand the challenges - and the fact that it feels like so much work for such slow progress. But at 40 lbs lost, I'm almost halfway to my goal and I'm glad I'm doing it right this time. Changing your habits is so hard to do, but once you get used to it, it gets easier and easier. I've been on this site for a year and it's taken a lot of back and forth and trying new things to get where I am, but it's worth it.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there and welcome back and with the support and help you will get on here I know you can do it have you seen your doctor and asked for his advise and that if your ok to do this feel free to add me as see how I have done and if you need help or just support then just ask I dont bite and only to glad to help as when I started I found all the help and a great bunch of friends so good luck
  • tdp8700
    tdp8700 Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome back! You are not alone. Losing weight is a lifestyle change not just something that can happen over night and I am still learning that at 32(almost). Started out at 390lbs. Need to get down to 185 or so. 196lbs to go. It's coming off slow but steady and that is thanks to my holding myself accountable with my food diary and the support I have gotten from the people here. I have family around me but my only real support is from my husband and as most wives will say " It sounds different for him to tell me I am doing great than someone who doesn't have to live with me." I love him and he's super supportive but ya know to hear it from these guys just makes my day and I need that everyday.

I have to lose weight for my health but also because my hubby and I want children and I don't want to be the mom on the bench with the cheeseburger and the kids who have to watch her be unhealthy and defend her. I want to be the Mom on the playground chasing my kids around and being an active part of their memories.

Please feel free to add me or message me and I'll add you! We can be each other's support. :D
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back. I too am from Ohio, Logan.
    I am sending a friends request. Together we can do this.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I'm in Arkansas, mom of 4 and I have fibromyalgia. I'll send you a request and others can send me one if they would like! :flowerforyou:
  • matroma
    matroma Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey-you can friend me! I'm trying to change my day to day habits-and that's hard when I haven't exactly been a veggie eater. I'm one week into a new regimen, and have a past of giving up. I have 80-100 pounds to lose, but need to take it step by step.