Replies

• Jenniiiifah
    Options
    Fork putdowns

Thanks. You're incredibly helpful.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I walk and do 30ds.. Is that enough for cardio ? Probably not. =/ how do I reduce bf % ? Eating foods with no fat ? I never go over my daily fat goal.
    you reduce body fat % eating less calories than it takes your body to maintain your current weight. Search BMR online, or TDEE.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Looks like your eating well. Just give it time and keep at it!
  • Jenniiiifah
    Options
    Walking away from the kitchen.

Some people just can't resist being douche bags.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fork putdowns

FTW!!!!!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    The very best exercises for jiggly legs are cardio and resistance exercise coupled to a sound food intake program.
    Works 100% of the time.

^^^ !!True story!! ^^^
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Walking away from the kitchen.

Some people just can't resist being douche bags.

meh, take it as advice using humor. Smile at it, ultimately it does not matter, and thats just their way of saying eat a deficit. K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid)
  • mirthfuldragon
    mirthfuldragon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When it comes to ankles, calves, quads, and glutes, very few things are going to compare to hitting the bike. It's also minimal impact, so its great for knees and ankles. If you're riding outdoors, it'll help core strength too, and it doesn't get boring when you are dodging pedestrians, cars, and other cyclists.
  • Jenniiiifah
    Options
    When it comes to ankles, calves, quads, and glutes, very few things are going to compare to hitting the bike. It's also minimal impact, so its great for knees and ankles. If you're riding outdoors, it'll help core strength too, and it doesn't get boring when you are dodging pedestrians, cars, and other cyclists.

I think a stationary bike is best for me.. I am too klutzy to be on a bike.. I'd die with fat highly legs.
  • Jenniiiifah
    Options

I think a stationary bike is best for me.. I am too klutzy to be on a bike.. I'd die with fat highly legs.

*jiggly.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    The very best exercises for jiggly legs are cardio and resistance exercise coupled to a sound food intake program.
    Works 100% of the time.

^ ding ding ding.
  • cjh03
    cjh03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, spot reduction is a myth. That being said....you can do leg exercises like many have mentioned (squats, lunges, etc). A spin class would help with legs as well as your cardio.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have some Shape Ups and they help.

Sketchers got sued over these being bogus and had to pay $40 million. I never tried them, but just saying. Might have been some other part of her program that helped her legs, or she may have been one of the 14 people they did work for. Upside is you can probably buy them pretty cheaply these days, if you want to risk it (while wearing really ugly shoes).

Myself, I'm still working on my ugly, jiggly thighs. I will say that my cankles are much improved after several months of daily cardio and weight training. I don't have pictures, but my cellulite used to keep me from wearing shorts (came all the way down to my knees), but now I almost like my knees and I can wear shorts that AREN'T old-lady shorts out in public without feeling like everyone's turning away to quell their nausea. That means that my cellulite has retreated up to my mid-thigh! Also, the jiggle on my calves has all but disappeared. I have to squeeze them to find the lumpiness now, where it used to be apparent when I was just standing around.

Specifically, I do at least an hour of exercise EVERY day, keep consistent with my calorie intake (1200 NET calories -- eating back exercise calories), try to avoid alcohol (that's the tough one for me) and log everything. I started with step Jazzercise (this program incorporates weights and resistance along with regular step moves) 4 days a week and walking 3 days. Over time I've added on to that -- I now do some sort of HARD class at my gym that uses weights and resistance 5 times a week, hike on hills for a couple of hours once a week, do one day of intense cardio on machines at the gym (I switch that up, since it gets so boring -- 10 to 20 minutes on one, then switch to another, etc.), and walk the doggies for around half an hour every day. Someone else mentioned rollerblading, which worked wonders for me in my 30's, when I lived in San Francisco and would skate with my then boyfriend (married now for 15 years) along the Bay. My BFF called rollerblading the "anti-gravity butt lifter" -- really great.

Oh, and I'm pushing 50 here. You look pretty young in your picture. If an old lady like me can do it, so can you!
  • KendraM1982
    Options
    Squats and lunges are your best friend. :love:

I totally agree plus i got to do more of these myself! :embarassed:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    If you have cankles that is usually not fat, it's water retention. Reduce your salt intake and watch your cankles disappear!
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wife does exercise bike and 30DS and all the muscles are toning up, thighs getting tighter, butt tighter etc. She is just starting on the treadmill
  • ffmilkbone
    Options
    Obviously your diet. Start there. Look at your intake; lots of high calorie, low fiber/nutrient foods are not the way to go. As for cardio, I recently learned this: Find out what your target heart rate should be while exercising. Once you start your cardio regimen, get up to your target heart rate, and hold it there (+\- a couple of beats) for about 45 minutes. Also, if you belong to a gym (I belong to Planet Fitness, and love it), do a 30 minute circuit. All of this should be done 3 times a week. If you can't get to a gym, then I would start with what and how much you, and then include some type of cardio at 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    lunges as much as I hate them
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    128708302248059950.jpg
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i honestly can't believe how many people are responding to this thread with answers that perpetuate spot reduction myths :sad:

OP you can't tone fat or spot reduce it. any exercise you do will work on the muscle BENEATH the fat. to lose fat you will need to eat at a slight deficit. you will lose fat from all over and th only way to target fat loss if though liposuction.

you will lose fat and it'll come off the reverse way you put it on..

just keep at it and keep taking your measurements