Jealousy....

Options
Jealousy. Its a touchy word that can make or break you. Its usally the cause of all the mean girls in the world and yet it affects us all. You can be jealous of someones clothes, personality, boyfriend, etc, etc. But what about weight? Lately ive been kinda jealous of other peoples weight. Almost all my friends have flat stomachs and lean legs. Although im more attrative than they are, they have better bodies and ive been kinda depressed about it. Im not huge but have a little stomach pudge. Does anyone have any advice on how to overcome these horrible jealousy thoughts? thxs

-friend me-

Replies

• dzvinka82
    dzvinka82 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm the same way...but I use it to motivate me to eat well and workout to get the body I want!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way...but I use it to motivate me to eat well and workout to get the body I want!

Same :) and maybe one day people will be jealous of me!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I'm jealous of all guys in the 20's...why? I remember what I was like when I was in my 20's. I miss it - :laugh:

Other than that, I'm only jealous of...well, nobody!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of all guys in the 20's...why? I remember what I was like when I was in my 20's. I miss it - :laugh:

Other than that, I'm only jealous of...well, nobody!

^^^This! Age brings such wisdom, doesn't it?
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    As a guy, it's not as bad, but I try to use other people's success as inspiration.
  • indyrunning
    indyrunning Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is completely normal. If your friends were honest, they are jealous of a quality that you possess, too!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    This is completely normal. If your friends were honest, they are jealous of a quality that you possess, too!

This...someone told me 'comparison is the thief of joy'.
    Think of it like this, you admire qualities in others, but that doesn't make you worse than them.
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    It is one of those things every time I see a certain person post a pic on FB... We use to be the same size, super skinny... now I am the fat girl and she is still super skinny. Oh well. I see it as motivation. She will always be vain, I am just working on being healthy :)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    jealousy...love and hate at the same time.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Only compare yourself to yourself. Here's the funny thing about jealousy...the same ppl who teased me in high school when I was heavy are so jealous of me they mock me on FB b/c I'm more in shape than most of those girls now (we're all pushing 40 lol) and confidence is sooo much sexier than jealousy! And just b/c someone has a flat stomach doesn't mean they have a perfect life or are even happy...