Hi, Everybody! I'm just getting started...AGAIN!!!

Options
I'm forty-one years old and can't remember the last time I took a picture without thinking about how I must look with the extra pounds. I was 138 pounds when I moved to metro Atlanta in 2000. I am now 172 pounds. I've really tried to lose weight over the years, but always seem to give up before I can see any real results. I have a beautiful teenage daughter and every time I look at her and my husband eating anything they want and not gaining a pound, I want to cry. I take high blood pressure meds and just had a little procedure to try to improve my reproductive health. I have come to accept the fact that I MUST change my eating and exercise habits regardless of what my family chooses to do. I cook most of the meals, but get a lot of grief for some of my healthier dishes. I am not the most disciplined person and end up being inconsistent with the meals I prepare. A few nights will be super healthy meals with lots of veggies and then they'll ask for fried chicken or pizza!!! :( Exercise is hard and I can't afford expensive gym memberships or trainers. However, I have found a trainer who will work with me one hour per week for $10!! Now, all I have to do is add at least another hour and a half of workouts at home (despite my busy schedule). I have an elliptical machine, jump ropes, and weights...all the tools for success. I just REALLY need friends on this site to cheer me on and keep me motivated. :)

Replies

• ShanteA13
    ShanteA13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am willing to keep you motivated if you are willing to do the same for me.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I re-started AGAIN just last Monday, so we're in the same boat! I am currently 184, 5 years ago I was 135 :embarassed: I have (in my mind) a lot to lose and can always use more friends to keep me motivated.
  • amiers11
    amiers11 Posts: 33
    Options
    Feel free to add me :happy:
  • Tishia11
    Tishia11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! We can take the weight loss journey together! :)
  • Ish1313
    Ish1313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I, too, am starting over. We have a lot in common. I am forty five years old and had lost weight and kept it off for a few years. My husband got sick and I started eating. He passed away in 2009 and it is time for me to address both blood pressure and weight issue. I have 45 pounds to lose, but more importantly, I want to feel better. Please send me a friend request. I would love to help you and you can help me.
  • finleyc
    finleyc Posts: 13
    Options
    Happy to motivate and you're welcome to add me! Definitely easier with more support :)
  • sofiav76
    sofiav76 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. Always great to have friends to motivate you :-)
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am 5feet 5inches, and I dont know what I would give to be 172 pounds. I keep remembering how hot I was in my 20s, 30s and 40s. But I'm working on it. I would be hot at 172, cause I've been there and passed it up. That's 20 pounds away. When I get there again, I will think about 162. etc. Congrats on starting over, lots of us stop, but starting back - is so cool!!
  • FluffBeGone
    Options
    feel free to add me too! :-)
  • amyschintler
    Options
    There are lots of us out there in the same boat. We may lose our paddles every now and again, but with the help and support of everyone else on board it makes it much easier to keep rowing. ( ha ha ha ) I work at night and most nights my hubby and son fend for themselves. I suggest that you make the meals that are healthy for you and when the others in the family want to pig out, let them cook themselves and you keep to your guns and eat healthy. Better yet, on pizza night for the rest of the family, eat something good for you and then take the dog for a nice walk. Away from temptation.

Feel free to add me to, I also need the support on here :)