Insanity calories too low???

JacksMom12
JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
I'm thinking (maybe) that my HRM sucks. I did Insanity Plyo cardio yesterday, full-out, 100% and barely burned 200 calories. Am I just getting fit? Does that seem low or fairly accurate? I'm 5'4 and around 118-120 pounds. I feel like it gives me the same readings no matter what I do, that's why it feels faulty. I can do 45-60 mins of any workout and get around the same reading, but no other workout has me sweating and panting like Sean T.

Replies

• MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    To me that doesn't sound right, I'd have thought you'd burn at least 300 calories from the Insanity workouts, even if you were super fit. What HRM do you use?
  • I have the same problem with Insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter which of the DVD I do, I burn around 285 calories!!!! I am an active person and I consider myself in shape. I'm 5'7 and weigh 135 lbs. I stop maybe twice or three times during the workout for only a couple of seconds. Like you, I sweat like crazy and reach a crazy high HR. I thought my HR monitor was the problem, so I just went out and bought a new one today. SAME RESULT!!!!! I read about all those people burning 500-600 calories from Insanity, how come not me???
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    I am having the same trouble with my HRM....I just don't think that its right I need a new one, but not sure whats a good one to get! So I am interested in seeing what others say!!
  • I have that problem too...but with my HRM, I noticed right off that it doesn't seem to tighten enough to stay in place when I really get moving. Even as tight as it can go, it slides down if I move a lot. I go on a two mile walk every day and burn about 350 calories (which is probably accurate, as I'm not jumping around, so the HRM stays in place), but with every Insanity workout, it's in the lower 200's, which doesn't sound right, with as much effort as I put into it! I think that it is coming out of place with all the moving and jumping around. When I did my workout tonight, I had to pause it within the first minute, because after JUST putting my HRM on, it was saying my heart rate was 215...no. I've also seen my HRM lose my heart rate and do nothing for a while...so I think mine is just crap, and I'm just going to stop getting disappointed with how I do, because I just don't think it's accurate. ALL these workouts take a LOT more out of me than my two mile walk, and like I said, that alone is burning 350 calories!!