Slim4Life

Options
So you always hear them talk about this weight loss program but they never give you many details so this morning, bored at work I decided to hit up Google. It's actually really hard to find information about what their program actually involves but once I found some info I was shocked to see people spending anywhere from $600 - $2000 for their year long program (including all of the special supplements and snacks of theirs that they "recommend" that you purchase"). From what I saw about what people were eating is that if they just ate the food they were eating without the supplements, they would still lose weight. I cannot imagine spending that much money when there are places like this for free. Anyone out there tried it? Thoughts?

Replies

• sray30
    sray30 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm doing slim4life now. I just came to the end of my rope with not being able to lose any weight. It is very expensive but its working. Now I don't know what the long term results are going to be but it has changed how I see food and how to eat. I don't buy all their supplements I have found comparable at GNC and I buy their bars and drink mix Thermoboost. I buy the EAS Carb advantage At Walmart instead of their drinks. I've lost 21 pounds since starting in April but I definitely haven't stuck with the eating plan 100% of the time. I was a little upset when I paid the initial amount only to find out I had to pay more to start the program. Very deceiving but I was going to do it regardless. They try to get you to buy the whole weight loss period of supplements and food upfront which for me was an additional $1200 on top of the $600 I already paid for a years worth of service. I told them no way and just buy stuff as I need it.

Send me a message if you have any other questions.
  • maphilli
    maphilli Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi
    I just joined Slim4Life today and yes, there is the initial up front fee and need to purchace their products. I am as you said at the end of my rope. I work with someone who was transformed by the diet. Her hair is beautiful, nails long and healthy, She looks great and soon so will I! I do have a question Do you exercise? I actually like to exercise but I know it messes with the scale and I have to see the scale drop. I've worked out for a year and probably lost 10 pounds. Gotta do better than that!
    Thanks for the tips on the supplements, I plan to do some of that too. Any other tips or information is welcome!
  • MelT616
    Options
    I am on S4L and could not be happier. It is expensive but I have figured out by looking at my overall budget, I am actually saving over $500/month on the program due to not needing physical therapy and chiropractic appointments anymore at all. The weight loss has significantly improved my quality of life in that regard. not to mention how good I feel. If you take out the savings on Doctor's appointments, I am still saving at the store each month. Because I go more often now (fresh foods instead of boxed), I calculated lout that I am saving over $100/month there too. I do agree the program is expensive but you get what you pay for. I have been a S4L member since September and have lost 50 pounds. Yes, not kidding, 50 pounds in under 5 months. I also have entirely changed the way I look at food from the exposure to the program, and I love the fact that my S4L store/branch keeps me accountable by calling me if I don't show for a few days. Best way to sign up is to wait until they run one of their blow out specials. (I think they may be right now actually but not sure for how long). I was able to waive a huge fee at the beginning and think I paid about 20% of what start up costs if not for the special. Message me for more details if you have other questions. Also, if those of you on Slim 4 life have any good recipes, I am always looking. Please friend me! :bigsmile:
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    So you always hear them talk about this weight loss program but they never give you many details so this morning, bored at work I decided to hit up Google. It's actually really hard to find information about what their program actually involves but once I found some info I was shocked to see people spending anywhere from $600 - $2000 for their year long program (including all of the special supplements and snacks of theirs that they "recommend" that you purchase"). From what I saw about what people were eating is that if they just ate the food they were eating without the supplements, they would still lose weight. I cannot imagine spending that much money when there are places like this for free. Anyone out there tried it? Thoughts?
    Here Slim4LIfe became Slimgenics and I'm on that program. I love it. It's constant accountability but still with flexibility. And the costs... Hell, you can't quit something you paid thatmuch money for.. lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you don't plan on doing it for life, it's not worth it. You are better off teaching yourself how and what to eat and training hard. Once you teach yourself how to eat and train, you will be able to stay fit for long.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    If you don't plan on doing it for life, it's not worth it. You are better off teaching yourself how and what to eat and training hard. Once you teach yourself how to eat and train, you will be able to stay fit for long.

THIS^^
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    It should be called "your wallet Slim4life".:laugh:

You want to stay slim for life? Here's the program:

Eat a correct calorie profile making sure you get in the correct macro/micronutrients

Do physical activity you can do for life for an hour a day.

Get plenty of rest.

The end.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    It's amazing, I started eating a little less, moving a little more, and HOLY #(*#$% I LOST WEIGHT FOR FREE!