Texas Teacher, 45 lbs in 3 months

Options
This is my second update. Pics on the left were taken April 9th at 235 lbs. Pics on the right were taken July 10th at 192 lbs.

JulyFinalFront.jpg

JulyFinalSide.jpg

Replies

• jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    This is my second update. Pics on the left were taken April 9th at 235 lbs. Pics on the right were taken July 10th at 192 lbs.

JulyFinalFront.jpg

JulyFinalSide.jpg

your doing fantastic congrats
  • danilee1020
    danilee1020 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Looking good, how are you doing it??
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    SO GREAT! Congrats girl! You deserve it!
  • alycat06
    alycat06 Posts: 75
    Options
    Awesome work! You can definitely see a difference. Keep up the good work!
  • pomag
    pomag Posts: 1
    Options
    yea!!! Way to go!!!! Very inspiring!
  • elainealston1
    Options
    You look like you are doing excellent! Did you go below your sug. calories. Tell me what you are doing!
  • lisabella501
    Options
    You can really tell the difference! Great job:flowerforyou:
  • ctroni
    ctroni Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please share your success tips for your weight loss. I too am a teacher and spending 5 to 6 days exercising. I have also kept my calories below 1300. Can't wait for your response.
  • ewhirly02
    ewhirly02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Congrats on your progress in the last few months!!
  • sheiwat
    sheiwat Posts: 47
    Options
    I 2nd ctroni.....:)
  • krazykristen123
    krazykristen123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    From one Texas girl to another
    You look awesome! Keep up the
    great work!(:
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • Aim0419
    Aim0419 Posts: 5
    Options
    Excellent job! Keep up the great work! I am a teacher also--not in Texas though! :-)
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    You have done great!!! I never thought about taking a pic before I started the weight loss journey. You're pics makes me realize I needed to! It is so incredible!!
    Let's be friends!!
  • univoftexasbabe
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the nice words! To answer the question "What am I doing?", I don't entirely know where to start, because I literally did a lifestyle overhaul. I ate tons of fast food before and did not exercise at all (not even 1x a week). When I started my diet on April 9th, these are the changes I made:

- No soda at all (diet or otherwise)
    - 8-10 glasses of water a day
    - No fast food (I did eat a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich in a moment of desperation on a roadtrip and I didn't die so....)
    - No fried foods
    - VERY few restaurant trips (It is too difficult to eat healthy in a restaurant, and it's easier to just cook for myself!)
    - Running, walking, or doing the Insanity DVD 3-4x a week
    - No white bread, potatoes only once a month, no cereal or sugary carbs
    - No baking (cookies, cakes, etc.) I was a huge baker before

It has not been easy. I hate when people say that!!! It has been SO SO hard! But my body has picked up on that this is my "new normal" and now I can't eat as much as I used to, and I do not crave the same food like I used to. So what do I eat? A typical day looks like this:
    - Special K cereal bar for breakfast, plus skim milk with Low Sugar Choc. Milk Mix
    - Turkey Sandwich on "light" wheat bread with 1 tbsp. mayo
    - Dinner is usually a light version of something I used to cook (like Spaghetti with Turkey meatballs instead of ground beef, and Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta)

My intermittent goal is to get to 180 which is the lowest weight I can remember weighing as an adult. Long term I'd like to be sitting at about 170. I am 5'8" for reference, and at 192 lbs I wear a size 12 in jeans and dresses.
  • karina530
    karina530 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • univoftexasbabe
    Options
    Whoops! Forgot to say that I consistently eat less than 1200 calories a day (1200 is what MFP "gave" me). My body has not gone into starvation mode, and I am not hungry. I am averaging probably 900 cals/day.
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! keep up the great work!
  • sheiwat
    Options
    Whoops! Forgot to say that I consistently eat less than 1200 calories a day (1200 is what MFP "gave" me). My body has not gone into starvation mode, and I am not hungry. I am averaging probably 900 cals/day.
  • sheiwat
    Options

900 plus exercise....so u don't eat back exercise calories?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!