biggest loser

Options
2»

Replies

• fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a little crazy giving one person 1,000 per pound to lose weight. Really? I mean heck yeah that would motivate me. I guess they really got why she was losing weight and to make sure she keeps it up the money? But it will be like she will winthe at home prize with no other competion....I think I am going ot work on my tape and send it in. I want to be in the show!!! :)
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I've watched the show from week one. It wasn't until the last week or two when I noticed the age of the
    'grandma' (Liz...I think?) was 49? I kept waiting for a correction, like she was actually 59.

I can't wait until the new season starts in January. This was my first time watching it and I'm so hooked
    on it. I wish they'd put the complete seasons on a dvd.

Doug
    I'm glad someone else said that! I am 49, and I thought she looked a lot older than I do. Then I was worried maybe I'm just in denial and that's what 49 really looks like. :noway: :laugh:

I about dropped when I found out she was 49. I'm 49 and she seemed older to me. But I do know people who are younger than me that because of the way they dress they look older.
    Just because you're a grandma doesn't mean you have to dress like your 80
  • keiko
    Options
    I've watched the show from week one. It wasn't until the last week or two when I noticed the age of the
    'grandma' (Liz...I think?) was 49? I kept waiting for a correction, like she was actually 59.

I can't wait until the new season starts in January. This was my first time watching it and I'm so hooked

Doug
    I'm glad someone else said that! I am 49, and I thought she looked a lot older than I do. Then I was worried maybe I'm just in denial and that's what 49 really looks like. :noway: :laugh:

I about dropped when I found out she was 49. I'm 49 and she seemed older to me. But I do know people who are younger than me that because of the way they dress they look older.
  • melydu
    melydu Posts: 54
    Options
    I love the Biggest Loser although it really doesn't motivate me.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options

Doug

Agreed! My kids were teasing me and said I'd look as old as Liz if I didn't color my hair. At least I think they were kidding! :laugh:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I thought Rebecca looked better after she was eliminated than she did at the finale. I think a little more weight suits her face better. Not to mention the dark hair.

Of course she looks great either way, butI thought she was most stunning when she appeared on Leno.

I agree. Unless it was an up close shot, she almost looked like an older-woman trying to look young. She looked cute when they showed her running her race, but not on the finale.

Tracy looked terrible, too. Her face was SO wrinkly and I actually thought she was very pretty when she left BL as compared to at the finale.

Rudy looked great, and so did Amanda!
  • melydu
    melydu Posts: 54
    Options
    I thought Danny looked good to, unrecognizable
  • keiko
    Options
    I thought Danny looked good to, unrecognizable

Your dogs are cute, shareing a dish!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I love the biggest loser, it really does motivate me. If they can do it so can i (of course it will take me a lot longer, but that is okay). I am soo glad that it will be back on in less than a month.

I totally agreee Tracy looked bad, there was something not right about her, she is too skinny or something, her face was all sunken in, i think she looked lots better when she had left the show or even the at home pics they had like when she left.

Rebecca did look off, the hair didn't do her justice, i think it look better longer and darker, and agree the little skirt wasn't the best choice.

For the most part everyone looked great..I think Abby looked awsome, her story gets to me everytime, but in my opinion she looked lots better than tracy and rebecca.

I have a lot to weight to loose and I set my goal at below what some of them were last night, made me think maybe i am shooting for too much. Like Amanda, she is about the same height as me and she weight 167 and looked awesome that is like 15-20 lbs over what my goal is.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    some of the contestants did look off, but i think they lost that much to win the at home prize....i Love amanda. she looked great!!!
    her team mate, on the otherhand, looked way off with the hair color and the dress was way to small/short...but she seemed to enjoy the spotlight
  • daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Options
    I thought Rudy looked almost...cute now!!! I was hoping he would win, but I was happy with Danny winning. And who is the stylist for this show? I hope Rebecca really doesn't think that hair looks good. I thought it was a wig at first!
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but in regards to Tracy and that dress she was wearing...whoever at NBC that picked
    that dress should make an appointment for an eye doctor...fast! Was there a prom in the next studio or something that she had
    to be dressed like that?

Doug
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but in regards to Tracy and that dress she was wearing...whoever at NBC that picked
    that dress should make an appointment for an eye doctor...fast! Was there a prom in the next studio or something that she had
    to be dressed like that?

Doug

LOL totally agree!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    To me it wasn't about how they looked but that they are healthy. No wonder they are happy despite what everyone else thinks.