How many do I eat??

Options
steadk
steadk Posts: 334 Member
Ok, so based on fitnessfrog.com, my BMR is 1728, my TDEE on little or no exercise is 2074. Based on MFP, to lose 1lb a week, i'm set at 1580. So where do i start on how much i should be eating?? my exercise is mostly walking. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Replies

• larsofrock99
    larsofrock99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    eating at 1580 considering your activity level is where i would start. For MFP you can eat back some of your exercise calories. How much weight do you want to lose?

I'd also start incorporating some strength training. Even if it's bodyweight squats and pushups it will speed things up a lot.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    First of all, don't eat below your BMR. You'll initially lose weight, but then you'll stall. It would be better to eat at a 15% deficit from your TDEE. You'll lose weight more slowly, but you have a much better chance of keeping it off.
  • steadk
    Options
    I need to lose about 80 pounds so i have a long way to go. Its just a little confusing with all the numbers that get thrown around on here :)
  • smimo
    smimo Posts: 34
    Options
    if your using myfitnesspal, then eat the calories your given on here... i eat what i can of course the healthier the better, but portion control is the key... ive been doing this not even a week and have already lost 5lbs with out working out...although i work at a hospital im on my feet ALOTT. good luckk :))
  • steadk
    Options
    yea.. i sit at a desk for anywhere from 8-12 hours and I hate it... i'm trying to get up more and move around just to keep my blood pumping, but it can make it difficult because we have to have a certain number of people in the room at my work *surveillance*
  • asmallermeplz
    asmallermeplz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Go to the food click the button and enter honestly what you have eatten today. It will tell you if you are over or under. my calories for the day are 1200 but I get more when I walk. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • asmallermeplz
    asmallermeplz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Can you sit on one of the big bounce balls at your desk? I am using one when I watch TV. Just to move and balance you burn colories. :blushing: