Sooo, heres a question

Options
What are the hardest work outs you do?

What are some that tone up your tummy and legs?

Would rock climbing be any assistance?

Replies

• MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Rock climbing is great, because it's a total-body workout, like swimming.
  • tdp8700
    tdp8700 Posts: 24
    Options
    I walk. Sometimes slow, sometimes faster but I walk. I am going to try swimming tomorrow to replace one of my slow walks. Usually when I go swimming i kind of just float but tomorrow going to do a few laps in the lake to see how well it does for me then it will be back to my normal walks with my furbabies.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    What are the hardest work outs you do?

What are some that tone up your tummy and legs?

Would rock climbing be any assistance?

1. 45 mins of weight training on a large and small muscle group followed up with 30 mins moderate cardio (usually Elliptical machine) plus tons of regular walking outside of the gym.

2. Weight training for the tummy and legs help. There isn't anything that "tones" - only build muscle or lose it. You look "toned" when you lose the fat that is on top of the muscle - which you can't target directly anyway.

3. Rock climbing would be fantastic!
  • turtlegirl4718
    Options
    I do HIIT, which is hard and intense, but more effective than slower paced cardio that you do for an hour. I also lift weights. I just watch a lot of videos to learn proper form. You can go to www.fitnesspoynters.com. You can pay a reasonable fee to Steve and he will help you with meal plans and/or workouts. Plus they have a great private support page.

I'm not up to their level, but I really find the push I need by seeing the progress the member make. I found the group when I was reading on another page (bodybuilders.com). As a woman who is in menopause, bone density from weight bearing exercise is what I am interested in, along with toning and losing fat.

Anyway, I hope you find what you are looking for.
  • lilliana82
    lilliana82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been salsa dancing for 2 1/2 years now and even when i am not eating well i find it keeps me from gaining.. Great exercise and way to meet people too :)
  • blaze1zanebrobst
    Options
    i do a step kick boxing class 2 times a week. its hard but worth it. other than that i just do some kind of cardio. i love to read what other people do so i can try something new. thank you