It's Sunday night so ... NFL?

Options
valleydad
valleydad Posts: 40 Member
If you're going to be following the NFL this fall, what are your Sunday strategies to avoid heavy calories and sedentary behavior? Because I try to watch every game on and follow fantasy leagues. The Sunday night game is kind of mandatory.

Replies

• drewols
    drewols Posts: 77
    Options
    Wake up, work out, then sit on my a*s and watch football. I would plan my food in advance or just eat whatever you want and enjoy the day!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Try for low cal snacks... Let Sunday be your "off day" from training activities.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I'm a Vikings fan. The last couple of seasons the game has usually been over by halftime, so that helps. haha
  • lwlock
    lwlock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Use the morning for a workout. No sense in watching 2 hours of pregame shows anyway!
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Do bodyweight exercises (squats, crunches, pushups,etc) on the commercial breaks, work on switching out traditional football snacks for healthier ones. I've found that raw veggies (baby carrots, celery and sugar snap peas are my favorites right now) with hummus are a great substitute for all of the various chips and dips that reign supreme during football season :)
  • mondesa
    mondesa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wake up, work out, then sit on my a*s and watch football. I would plan my food in advance
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Get some veggies to snack on or some people here have GREAT recipes for healthier tailgate options. I also plan to workout during the games...pushups for points and such...in addition to a morning workout.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Not that I always get to watch football on Sunday but sometimes I have done my P90X program on my big screen while splitting the screen so I have the game on on mute while watching and doing my P990X. Multitasking at it's finest!!!