Texas Teacher, 45 lbs in 3 months

Options
2»

Replies

• univoftexasbabe
    Options
    No I usually don't eat back exercise calories. I can't count on myself to exercise, because I kind of hate it, so I never count on them. If I work out, it's a bonus for my body, but I don't "give myself" any extra if I did. My body is used to the 900 a day now, so I've found its easier to just let it be, and if I burn 200 cals or so running, then I pat myself on the back. If not, no big deal.

I realize a lot of people will think this is way too few cals. and maybe it is. But I'm not hungry, I feel satisfied, and the results are showing. Every now and then I will have a day where I simply can't count cals. (there have been 3 of these days since I began). One was my birthday, one was my anniversary, and 2 more were out of town dinners. On those days I just eat whatever I want and hit it hard again the next day. I try to be reasonable and let myself have what I want. Like tonight! I ate 2 pieces of pizza because I was craving pizza (haven't had it in 3 months!) but I still came in at 900 cals. even with eating a turkey sandwich for lunch.
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Teaching schedule is working well for me during summer, but always problematic during school year. That's great you started in spring and have held on with such great progress!
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    You look awesome and I cant wait to get there but honestly, any doctor nutritionist or trainer will tell you that 900 is NOT enough... you may be feeling good now but eventually your body will react from not getting enough...
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    You're doing what works for you, that's what counts. I don't worry about the comments suggesting what I'm eating is not enough. I will not force myself to eat because others think I'm not eating enough. If you're not hungry, you're not hungry.
  • univoftexasbabe
    Options
    You're doing what works for you, that's what counts. I don't worry about the comments suggesting what I'm eating is not enough. I will not force myself to eat because others think I'm not eating enough. If you're not hungry, you're not hungry.

Thanks for the support! I think the results speak for themselves-- people wanna know what I'm doing to lose it and that's what I'm doing!
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump! way to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!