I dont eat enough?

Options
Im so frustrated because Im trying to eat as clean a diet as I can. The problem is even though Im eating a ton of food, every 3 hrs,I cant even get my calorie count to 1200. I have plenty of protein, fiber and healthy fats in my diet so Im never hungry. I dont know what else to do besides maybe coming up with some healthy but high calorie drink to supplement my diet...Any suggestions? My diary is open but it doesnt go back very far, I just started logging again

Replies

• MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    If you're never hungry, there's no reason to force yourself to eat more. If you're concerned, you can talk to your doctor and they'll reassure you :) Listen to your body and you'll do great. Good luck!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You look pretty petite to me. How tall are you? If you are really short then you may be doing fine calorie-wise.
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    I had the same problem. I ended up using roasted almonds as snacks. High in both calories and nutrition.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You have fat leftover could have real butter on your broccoli yesterday add toast and jelly etc instead of 1 cup cereal can do 1 and 1/2 with full cup of milk...stuff like that. Could add some nuts or some chocolate! Yum!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I would say the same - add some nuts, bump the milk up to 2% instead of skim, maybe some cheese? Those 100 calorie packs of walnuts and other nuts are easy to come by these days - it doesn't take too many walnuts to equal 100 cals, easy way to bump up your calories without filling you up.

Cooking with butter (I love butter, and if I'm going to have butter, I go with the real stuff rather than the fake - better for you!), olive oil or coconut oil helps too, and the last two are healthy fats.
  • tmariesX2shine
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions....when I add nuts I go way over protein since I already try to do lean meats, fish, or beans throughout the day
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about going over on protein. MFP defaults low, so unless you have kidney problems, by all means, go way over on protein.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Oh going way over is fine! Not anything to worry about it just means less of your cals are from fat and carbs and more are from protien. I have trouble reaching my protien goal would be thrilled to go over. This isn't easy for anyone ;)
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    beer helps me reach my calorie goal. seriously.
    I drink one (or two) after I run or exercise. that is the one carb I can't give up, nor do I really want to.
  • tmariesX2shine
    Options
    beer helps me reach my calorie goal. seriously.
    I drink one (or two) after I run or exercise. that is the one carb I can't give up, nor do I really want to.
    :drinker:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You eat every 3 hours but can't manage 1200 calories? What are you eating? I could down 1200 calories in about 5 minutes easily.

Add in nuts or nut butters. Cook things in oil or butter. Use full fat butter and milk. Eat some avocado. You'll hit 1200 extremely easily.
  • tmariesX2shine
    Options
    Im eating lean meats and veggies with a little whole grain. My diary is open. I dont really want to add more fat to my diet, I usually have a good amount from healthy sources but you can have too much of a good thing....Wouldnt butter and whole milk be full of saturated fats? I dunno...I think Im just going to stick to what im doing and if my weightloss plateaus I will try increasing my calories. Thanks for all the responses :)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I would eat more fats... fat in food =/= gaining fat, I eat a very high fat diet. I've had my bloodwork done and everything is in the green. Don't worry too much about fat in your diet if you stay within your calorie goals.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Just make your serving larger like instead of 1/2 cup of beans eat a whole cup.