OK went from one bad habbit to another any tricks or what

Options
OK i stopped drinking the pop a wk ago and now im drinking sweet tea, It has as much or more carbs in it as pop. I have to do something. Im drinking my carbs, Im a diabetic. So thats one thing I have to control., Im already getting the nerve damage in my feet and legs. I dont want to loose them. SOS Please!!!!!!:sad:

Replies

• TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you like tea. Buy the tea bags you like and then put some stevia in it. This will satisfy your craving without bringing up your glucose.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've never been a sweet tea drinker but my teenage son likes it. I don't like keeping a lot of sugar in the house and one time I was out and I put Truvia in the tea and he did not know the difference. If you can tell the difference between sugar and substitute, try making a simple syrup with it. Boil one part water to 1/2 Truvia. Simmer until no granuals are left, let cool and then add to the tea. It should taste like sweet tea !
  • Believe1213
    Options
    @karen thanx I will try that. Its just so many carbs in the tea that i drink. Ive only had one cup today and rest water, I work midnites so we'll see how it goes tonite . lol
  • bsudano
    bsudano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Learn to love unsweetened iced tea with lemon. Tea doesn't need sugar to taste good!

Every weekend, I make a gallon of iced tea. Bring a gallon of water to a boil, let 8 tea bags steep for 5 minutes, and then add a pinch of baking soda to take out the astringent bite. Stick in in the refrigerator, and cut up a few lemons and put them in a ziplock bag for later. Whenever you want some, pour it over ice and grab a slice of lemon.

It's healthy, tasty, easy to prepare, and ridiculously inexpensive.

Do it once and by the time the pitcher is empty you'll love the taste.
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    How bout just drink water! I'm not sure all the artificial sweetners are good for you either.
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    I used to be a big diet coke fan. I stopped cold turkey & started drinking flavored sparkling water. Didn't really like the taste at first but I gave it a week & now I can't stand the taste of soda.
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you like sweet tea try using half the sugar you normally would and use lemon or oranges. It will still be sweet just a little different. Also make sure you drink plenty of water because tea naturally dehydrates you.