Trying for hopefully the last time

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm new here. My name is Eileen and I have about 120 lbs to lose. I just started on a medically managed weight loss program and my nutritionist recommended this site. I've been searching my way through here the last few days and I think I have it figured out now!

The one they I couldn't find if there are recipes anywhere on this site? Is there another message board where maybe they are exchanged? I'm always looking for new things to cook so the boredom of eating the same things over and over again doesn't derail my progress.

Nice to meet you all!!!

Replies

• amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! What program are you doing?: Im doing Medifast:) Its Awesome!!
  • emjustice
    emjustice Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks!! It's just a non-surgical weight loss program through one of the local bariatric clinics here. I met with the doctor and nutritionist last week and then I have nutritional counseling monthly.

What exactly is Medifast, I've heard of it but never checked it out.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I did a one week medical weight loss program and was recommended to come here as well. Love it! Feel free to add me as a friend. This is the best way to encourage each other. Also, unlock your food diary for accountability. This is something I learned and it has helped me the most.

-Tumbly
  • LaLaMoss
    LaLaMoss Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm LaWanda and I have been using this app for quite a few weeks. As of now I have lost 41 pounds. I have 9 more pounds to my first of goal 200lbs. Then I will lose 40 more. Wish me luck.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The last I checked, the recipes area for MFP was still in development mode. If you search the forums for a specific kind of recipe, you may be able to find something, though. Or, just ask folks and I'm sure people will respond.
  • emjustice
    emjustice Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks Tumbly! I changed the setting so friend's can see my diary. Friend request sent too!
  • EVELYNHCOOCHIE
    EVELYNHCOOCHIE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a question. Is Medifast supervised by a doctor? Just wondering. I'm making progress right now on my own.
  • jthorpe47834
    jthorpe47834 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community... I don't know of any recipies, I'm sure you can google it and find quite a few. For me I just watch what I eat and how much. I have also started riding a bike for exercise, replaced fried food like bacon/sausage & eggs with fruit cups (things like that) for at least 3 days a week. Try to stay away from fried foods as much as possible, replace soda with water (I use to drink like 2 to 3 cans a day - so far this week I've probably had like 3 cans for the week).

For me watching what I eat, drinking more water and exercising more, I have lost about 5 lbs. I started on the 11th weighing 216.6 lbs, and my weight today is at 211.0 lbs, and today being the 15th.

However, don't cut calories too much as this isn't beneficial either, my target calorie per day is 1640 and yesterday my food calories were 1638, exercise burned about 540 calories, so I was about 542 calories under target without starving my body.

Good Luck
  • TOOFATTOMOVE
    TOOFATTOMOVE Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I decided to comment because of your topic line - If you stubble - NEVER GIVE UP! I remember my fifth grade math teacher saying, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." I too have 120 pounds to lose and this is my second time back this year.

I would recommend you check out the groups - there is a recipe group you can join which exchanges recipes.

Also, under the food tab, you can enter your recipes as they are currently made and see what calories are in them, then you could alter ingredients. Such as, if a recipe calls for ground beef, try ground turkey or chicken instead. If a recipe calls for 1/2 cup oil - reduce it to 1/4 cup and use 1/4to 1/2 cup applesauce instead. Of course, you will have to test this, especially if it is a bread, cake or muffin recipe. I generally omit the oil and use 1/2 cup applesauce. If it calls for mayo, substitute light or nonfat, I think you should get the drift by now.
  • StephJB1221
    StephJB1221 Posts: 225
    Options
    Sparkrecipes.com has a lot of good recipes! so does allrecipes.com ....some need to be subsituted :)

like plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream (seriously do not know the difference!!!)
    or con. milk instead of heavy cream :)

http://www.facebook.com/TeambeachbodyCoachStephjb1221
  • RockyMtnJhawk
    Options
    Welcome! I totally know what you mean about wanting this to be the "last time"...I'm soooo right there with you!

As for recipes-there are a lot of internet sites and blogs that I use for recipes, along with Pinterest.

I won't wish you "Good Luck" - there is no luck involved. You have to put you, your health and your life as a top priority and make choices every minute of every day that will help you reach your goal.

Go get your life back...I'm fighting to get my life back, right along with you!
  • scottydewwannalosewt
    scottydewwannalosewt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Eileen

My name is Scott. You're going to love this web site. It's become a daily ritual for me to put stuff in here. To the best of my knowledge there aren't any recipes here that I know of. I wish you the best of luck.

I'm trying to write to as many people as I can so I can build a network of friends to help me lose weight and lose more than a 100 pounds.

Scott
  • AnnFord87
    AnnFord87 Posts: 7
    Options
    Another place to find amazing recipes is on pinterest.com you have to be sent a request to join from a member or it takes forever to get onto but well worth once you can get on and there are alot of recipes and helpful hints etc on there...I am a member so if you are not maybe I could send you an invite if you would like
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm new here. My name is Eileen and I have about 120 lbs to lose. I just started on a medically managed weight loss program and my nutritionist recommended this site. I've been searching my way through here the last few days and I think I have it figured out now!

The one they I couldn't find if there are recipes anywhere on this site? Is there another message board where maybe they are exchanged? I'm always looking for new things to cook so the boredom of eating the same things over and over again doesn't derail my progress.

Nice to meet you all!!!

Click on Groups, and you will find a group called Recipe Swap. You dont have to join the group, you can just browse. Good luck and dont give up it is worth it.