STOP TEXTING WHILE DRIVING!

Options
Seriously knock it off! You know who you are and you think you are a good driver but you aren't. You veer in my lane and it pisses me off. If one of my loved ones is hurt or killed due to a cell phone driver I will take care of you myself.

Honestly, your conversation is not that important anyway. Do you really think that highly of yourself? "My conversation is more important than the safety of those around me"

STOP IT!

*** Sorry for the rant but I live in a populated area surrounded by texting driving morons.

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    A friend at the gym just had his hummer totaled because a chick ran a light and rammed right into him while she was texting. I don't understand what is so urgent about a text you have to respond while driving. =/ If somebody were dying or needed your help, I'm pretty sure they would call so anything else can wait.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'll have you know that I am a great texting driver. Back off!!
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I doubt that JohnnyBravo78.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Many people don't realize that maneuvering 2000+ pounds of metal comes with responsibility. Cars aren't toys and while they are for the most part safe, should be respected for the mobile killing machines they are.
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    I'll have you know that I am a great texting driver. Back off!!
    No such thing.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My little sister killed someone texting and driving... and ruined her life as well. She had only been 18 for 3the days. Charged with vehicular manslaughter. The lady who died was speeding and without a seatbelt. Doesnt matter anyway... the guilt and regret Ky feels over taking a life is way worse than judicial consequence. Don't text and drive! So not worth it!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I agree! Everyone, please stop this!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options
    I doubt that JohnnyBravo78.

I'm just kidding. I hate those fu*kers. I usually swerve at them or stare them down when I see that.
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    They ENRAGE me. And most people who hold their phone while driving, too.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I've seen someone driving with their knees so they could text. Middle aged people, teens, college students, older people... doesn't matter I've seen them all glued to their phone. Sometimes it's not even texting. I caught a guy watching a movie on his iPhone while he drove.

My mother actually gets mad at them and will honk her horn until they look up and she'll gesture putting the phone down and driving. You can imagine the reactions she's gotten back. But you can tell when it's happening. The car begins to go in the next lane or onto a curb, they're either speeding or constantly hitting the break thinking that'll help, and they're the last to notice a traffic light change. The interstate's worse.

I mean really people, who dictated you had to respond to a text within .5 seconds of receiving one? I won't even answer a text if I'm out at a restaurant or having a discussion with someone. It's rude. Driving and texting is stupid and deadly, same as drinking and driving.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It's illegal in my state.

Also, PSA, click it or ticket.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My little sister killed someone texting and driving... and ruined her life as well. She had only been 18 for 3the days. Charged with vehicular manslaughter. The lady who died was speeding and without a seatbelt. Doesnt matter anyway... the guilt and regret Ky feels over taking a life is way worse than judicial consequence. Don't text and drive! So not worth it!

You reminded me of how my Aunt's oldest child got killed. He was going to a football game with friends and was hit head on by a drunk driver. It threw my cousin out the window and the car rolled on him, killing him instantly. Another person in the car died too. The thing was, my cousin's blood alcohol level was the same as the man who killed him, so both parties were guilty. The guy found my Aunt and apologized for what he did and she told him she wasn't angry, that her son had made a mistake too only he paid a different way. And it's true. I hope your sister can eventually make peace with her mistake.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options
    It's illegal in my state.

Also, PSA, click it or ticket.

Illegal here too, but people still and will continue to do it. Idk why the dont just make the fine 1,000 dollars. Then we'll see how many people do it.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I seen a state senator doing this and he almost hit us so when i looked at him and pointed to his phone he gave me the finger and sped off. There have seen several deaths because of this i read that a girl killed a family who was coming home from the hospital with their newborn baby, this child didnt even get to start its life.
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Its illegal over here (Melbourne Australia) to use a phone while driving but so many people still do it. I usually out my phone in the glovebox or my handbag in the boot. No temptation.

It still irks me though to see so many people on the phone, especially truckies!!! 18-24wheelers with the driver txting or on the bllower..
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    7 years ago I was stopped at a red light, a guy ran into the back end of my car driving 90Km/hr and I actually had his ford explorer in the back seat of my car. It has changed my life.

I was lucky, I walked away with 3 severely destroyed fingers from them being dislocated and then re-located violently back into place during the accident (they were all pushed into the knuckles and got stuck in a claw like fashion), I have trauma induced scoliosis of my lower spine (my spine was actually twisted due to the force of the accident), my shoulder is forever messed up, and so is a nerve in my elbow. I constantly have problems with my hand - it randomly lets go of things, throws things or cramps closed and I cannot open it.

Like I said I was lucky, I was able to walk away and continue to walk to this day. I really wish more people would take this seriously.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options
    7 years ago I was stopped at a red light, a guy ran into the back end of my car driving 90Km/hr and I actually had his ford explorer in the back seat of my car. It has changed my life.

I was lucky, I walked away with 3 severely destroyed fingers from them being dislocated and then re-located violently back into place during the accident (they were all pushed into the knuckles and got stuck in a claw like fashion), I have trauma induced scoliosis of my lower spine (my spine was actually twisted due to the force of the accident), my shoulder is forever messed up, and so is a nerve in my elbow. I constantly have problems with my hand - it randomly lets go of things, throws things or cramps closed and I cannot open it.

Like I said I was lucky, I was able to walk away and continue to walk to this day. I really wish more people would take this seriously.

What about the guy who hit you? Survive?
  • WickedBean
    Options

Yup, walked away with 6 stitches in his forehead. He was 18 years old, he will be getting his license back April 4,2012. He has to start back as a learner and go through the graduated license system we have here. He was charged with the max they had at the time - but in my opinion it was not enough and I was actually told by the cops had I been hurt just a little more they could have thrown him in jail.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options

Yup, walked away with 6 stitches in his forehead. He was 18 years old, he will be getting his license back April 4,2012. He has to start back as a learner and go through the graduated license system we have here. He was charged with the max they had at the time - but in my opinion it was not enough and I was actually told by the cops had I been hurt just a little more they could have thrown him in jail.

Well hopefully he will take something away from it. Btw, April 4 , 2012 was 3 months ago...just throwing that out there.
  • WickedBean
    Options

Well hopefully he will take something away from it. Btw, April 4 , 2012 was 3 months ago...just throwing that out there.

Should have been 2013 not 2012... I am typing in the dark and not paying attention lol. I really hope he did learn from it. I would just like more people to take the law seriously.