Calf Exercises

Options
Does anyone have a good calf exercise to burn calf fat? I know calf fat is the last to go, if it ever goes, but I am a 5'2 woman with 16" calves. Big, I know, but a lot of it is muscle. I am very self-conscious of my calves; they just look like monsters to me. Any advice on how to make them smaller?

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    lower your body fat %
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    can't spot reduce.

so

diet
    exercise
    you know.
  • moonfire628
    Options
    can't spot reduce.

so

diet
    exercise
    you know.

I already diet and exercise. So, I guess it's just a matter of keeping at it until it's all gone?
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    build muscle in those baby cows. It all helps in overall fat% reduction.
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    an excercise i know of --- balance on your tippy toes moving up and down on your toes, youll be able to feel the muscle flexing in your calves
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good calf exercise to burn calf fat? I know calf fat is the last to go, if it ever goes, but I am a 5'2 woman with 16" calves. Big, I know, but a lot of it is muscle. I am very self-conscious of my calves; they just look like monsters to me. Any advice on how to make them smaller?

I'm jelly. I got bony calves and I hate them!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but you can get the muscles toned underneath while you burn that fat. A really good one is running on tip toe on a treadmill at an incline. Not fast, mind you, just enough to make you huff and puff.
  • egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Calf Raises

Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart. Raise up and down on your toes- pausing at the top. Do about 3 sets of 12 or more. Then do 3 sets of 2X2 (two up and two down). Then 3X1 (three up and 1 down). Then turn your toes out and repeat (works the inner calf). Finally, turn your toes in and repeat (works the outer calf).
  • msalmaj
    msalmaj Posts: 21
    Options
    Go to blogilates.com and check out the Bikini Blaster 2 Sexy Legs Workout (or you can find it on youtube), there's the calf raises she makes you do....believe me your calves will scream at you!
  • moonfire628
    Options

I'm jelly. I got bony calves and I hate them!

Lol I'd rather have smaller/bony calves! .... Wanna trade? :tongue:
  • moonfire628
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but you can get the muscles toned underneath while you burn that fat. A really good one is running on tip toe on a treadmill at an incline. Not fast, mind you, just enough to make you huff and puff.

I usually do the step machine on my toes so that my calves are being worked out rather than my thighs. I'm afraid of building MORE muscle though; my calves are basically 85% muscle and 15% fat at this point.
  • wellbert
    Options
    can't spot reduce.

so

diet
    exercise
    you know.

I already diet and exercise. So, I guess it's just a matter of keeping at it until it's all gone?
    '

yep. wish you could spot reduce
    then I wouldn't look like an apple with four toothpicks sticking out of it.
  • wellbert
    Options

I usually do the step machine on my toes so that my calves are being worked out rather than my thighs. I'm afraid of building MORE muscle though; my calves are basically 85% muscle and 15% fat at this point.

How do you know? Did you have a DEXA scan or something done of your legs? Unless your calves look chiseled and veiny, there's probably a lot more fat than you think there is on them. You shouldn't worry too much about building muscle in a calorie deficit. It's nearly impossible.