Vegetarian looking for positive and motivated friends!

Options
tnqnt
tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
Hi!

I am a 41 Year Old female from the US, vegetarian.... LOVE to cook and find creative ways to make my favorite foods with less calories. Looking for others for support and to bounce ideas off of.

Replies

• VeganDeeva
    VeganDeeva Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to this site. I'm a 31 year old vegetarian who recently (like 7 days ago) decided to go vegan.I just wanted to say hi and hopefully we can bounce ideas around :-)
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    I'm a newbie to MFP. I've been vegetarian for about 9 years. I was one as a teenager and for some reason started eating meat again for a few year. I also eat a lot of vegan meals.

Always looking for new ideas and recipes!!
  • Vegan802
    Vegan802 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been a vegan going on 3 years. I made a fabulous veggie pizza tonight using the recipe for the dough from vegan-pizza.com. I topped it with Paul Newman's marina sauce, Daiya mozzarella cheese and mushrooms, green peppers and red onion. It was fabulous! The dough takes awhile so plan for a weekend or make it the evening before.
  • rfinger22
    rfinger22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I'm 33, I'm not vegetarian, but my wife is. Well, she's pescatarian (she eats fish). So, I'm always looking for things to do for her that are different. I'm now watching my weight and have been using MyFitnessPal religiously. She isn't yet (especially since she's breastfeeding out 11 month old), so she's trying to eat for two. But, at the same time, she knows she isn't doing as much activity as she used to before our two kids. So, anything healthy for her, me, and the kids is incredibly helpful.
  • nataliebendall
    Options
    Hi :-) I am new to this site and a vegetarian too! I am also looking for new friends/people to connect with on this site to help keep the positivity and motivation up. I am enjoying the time I spend on this site and it would be awesome to make friendships with others in the same position. I am from Australia. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MSsl1m
    MSsl1m Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi I’m not a vegetarian yet but when I reach my weight loss goal I will become a vegetarian.. I have a very thick vegetarian cook book and I buy/drink soy milk, Boca patties, crumbles and vegan cheese...I love nuts fruits and veggies... I’m really looking forward to this lifestyle change.. My dietician has me on a food plan where I have to eat chicken and fish so by the end of September Ill be meat free!!
  • MSsl1m
    MSsl1m Posts: 9
    Options
    I will request you all as friends..Your add will be motivational/educational in so many ways :smile:
  • natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm vegetarian, feel free to add me. I'm always looking new ways to get more protein into my meals without resorting to powders etc. :)
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    I just tried out this recipe from a pilates magazine. Yum! Can be made with white beans, chick peas, black beans.. I first had it with chick peas and it was delicious but has since made with white kidney beans and it's also great. They are a bit carb heavy as you can imagine but I serve without a bun and lettuce / tomato or you can make them into sliders and have a tiny bun.

Bean Burgers

2 cups cooked White Kidney Beans, chick peas or your favourite beans
    1/2 cup rolled oats (more as needed)
    1/2 medium onion
    1 tbsp chilli powder ( I add more for extra heat)
    salt and pepper to taste

Throw all the above into a food processor and whiz until well combined. You may find you need a little water to soften it up or a few more oats to bind it. Just play it by ear.

If you aren't a fan of chilli powder feel free to add whatever spices you like. I have used smoked paprika, garlic, fennel, just use what you like.

Form into patties (6 large or 8 small) and refrigerate to all them to firm up. Cook in a tsp of olive oil (more as needed) for 3-5 minutes a side.

I have served them on a bun with veganaise, lettuce, tomato and hot sauce or just with a salad. Yummy either way.

Hope you enjoy
  • Gyllain
    Gyllain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to MFP. I've been vegetarian for about 9 years. I was one as a teenager and for some reason started eating meat again for a few year. I also eat a lot of vegan meals.

Always looking for new ideas and recipes!!

Very similar to myself, I am also veggie and eat lots of vegan food. Still eat eggs quite a lot though :ohwell:
  • VeganDeeva
    VeganDeeva Posts: 17
    Options
    Quick and delicious sandwich

1. Arnold sandwich thin bread (whole wheat) toasted
    2. Raw Sliced green peppers
    3. Raw sliced Red peppers
    4. Sliced Avocado
    5. Sliced cucumber
    6.Sliced tomato
    7.Sliced raw sweet onion
    8. Baby Spinach
    9. Banana peppers
    10.. Dab of mustard
    11. Veganaise (optional)

This sandwich turned out pretty refreshing! ....If you try it let me know how you like it :-)
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    Sounds great VeganDeeva
  • tnqnt
    Options

4. Sliced Avocado
    5. Sliced cucumber
    6.Sliced tomato
    7.Sliced raw sweet onion
    8. Baby Spinach
    9. Banana peppers
    10.. Dab of mustard
    11. Veganaise (optional)

This sandwich turned out pretty refreshing! ....If you try it let me know how you like it :-)

Sounds Delicious! I eat something very similar for lunch using ezekial sodium free bread, pesto and boursin or rondelle cheese (I am not vegan, I am vegetarian) :):):)
  • tnqnt
    Options
    I just tried out this recipe from a pilates magazine. Yum! Can be made with white beans, chick peas, black beans.. I first had it with chick peas and it was delicious but has since made with white kidney beans and it's also great. They are a bit carb heavy as you can imagine but I serve without a bun and lettuce / tomato or you can make them into sliders and have a tiny bun.

Bean Burgers

2 cups cooked White Kidney Beans, chick peas or your favourite beans
    1/2 cup rolled oats (more as needed)
    1/2 medium onion
    1 tbsp chilli powder ( I add more for extra heat)
    salt and pepper to taste

Throw all the above into a food processor and whiz until well combined. You may find you need a little water to soften it up or a few more oats to bind it. Just play it by ear.

If you aren't a fan of chilli powder feel free to add whatever spices you like. I have used smoked paprika, garlic, fennel, just use what you like.

Form into patties (6 large or 8 small) and refrigerate to all them to firm up. Cook in a tsp of olive oil (more as needed) for 3-5 minutes a side.

I have served them on a bun with veganaise, lettuce, tomato and hot sauce or just with a salad. Yummy either way.

Hope you enjoy

YUM! I make a similar black bean burger but use Quinoa instead of Oats... DELICIOUS - the spicier the better! :)
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

4. Sliced Avocado
    5. Sliced cucumber
    6.Sliced tomato
    7.Sliced raw sweet onion
    8. Baby Spinach
    9. Banana peppers
    10.. Dab of mustard
    11. Veganaise (optional)

OMG! I make a similar sandwich to this all the time. I started making them because I wanted to recreate Subway veggie sub without the high cal sub bread. The veggies vary depending in what I have in the house and how many things I can pile on without it falling apart on me! Mine is usually on Fiber One toast with dijon mustard, spinach, avocado, cucumbers, banana peppers, raw peppers, red onion. I just love the pickle-y zing of jarred banana peppers- I often put them on cucumber slices as a snack. :smile: